PDA

View Full Version : HSDPA Connect but no browsing (need reconnect)

gprastomo
2011-08-24, 04:18 PM
Hi All,

I have some problem in HSDPA Network.
Sometimes, while you are browsing with HSDPA modem, there is no browsing even the signal strength is good. Then you need to disconnect and reconnect again then your connection is normal.

Previously we had this problem, but it was different problem, last time we had problem of FACH to HSDPA Ch switch problem so it was stayed in FACH all time and cant move to HS, then it was solved.

Now we have no browsing issue while in HSDPA and need reconnect.

I suspect that the connection/ip is released by core, or we have DNS problem, since all RAN KPI is good, no congestions, CSSR, DCR are good, FACH to HSDPA SR also good.

Anyone have the same issue, please share or maybe about the core issue/KPI which i need to check. Unfortunately, there is no PS Core guy that we can rely on, so please if you have some suggestion or parameter/KPI which i need to check, just let me know.

RAN/Core = Huawe! ...

br

roots
2011-08-24, 07:17 PM
Try the check if the Iu interface is stable, and that no board is faulty which can cause the loss of packets .

agenov
2011-08-24, 09:05 PM
Hi All,

I have some problem in HSDPA Network.
Sometimes, while you are browsing with HSDPA modem, there is no browsing even the signal strength is good. Then you need to disconnect and reconnect again then your connection is normal.

Previously we had this problem, but it was different problem, last time we had problem of FACH to HSDPA Ch switch problem so it was stayed in FACH all time and cant move to HS, then it was solved.

Now we have no browsing issue while in HSDPA and need reconnect.

I suspect that the connection/ip is released by core, or we have DNS problem, since all RAN KPI is good, no congestions, CSSR, DCR are good, FACH to HSDPA SR also good.

Anyone have the same issue, please share or maybe about the core issue/KPI which i need to check. Unfortunately, there is no PS Core guy that we can rely on, so please if you have some suggestion or parameter/KPI which i need to check, just let me know.

RAN/Core = Huawe! ...

br

Could be UE terminal issue as well....
Imsi trace analyze can give more information

BR
Alex

gprastomo
2011-08-24, 09:33 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for all response.
I plan to have the IMSI traces for this complaint.

Actually the the Iu, since we have coolocated equipment and using the IP, so i think there is no such intermittent problem.

I have some problems before, and this because of DNS allocation SR was bad, and at that time there was Core expert, and now i dont have.

roots
2011-08-29, 03:23 AM
One other thing to check is the HLR/VLR Licence for 3G, if there are more customer that try to attach on the VLR than allowed this type of problem will occur.

kaizzer545
2011-08-29, 02:21 PM
Trace from GGSN and check what about provisioning

mutumsha
2011-08-29, 02:40 PM
I also faced such type of problem in E******* NODE-B, Is was resolved by increasing the NoOfHspaUser parameter.

gprastomo
2011-08-29, 04:59 PM
One other thing to check is the HLR/VLR Licence for 3G, if there are more customer that try to attach on the VLR than allowed this type of problem will occur.

Do you mean the License on the VLR ?

roots
2011-08-29, 06:29 PM
Yes check how many subscribers your 3G VLR licence can handle than compare it to the active VLR 3G users.
if your licence is limited for x number of users and more users try to connect this will cause loss of packets / disconnections.

mutumsha
2011-08-30, 07:25 PM
Please login to the NODE using EM and please follow
1) Radio Network
2) RbsLocalCell-S1C1 and open the property by right clicking.
3) Please check the "maxNumHsdpaUsers"
4) Default value is 16 but you can increase as per your requirement.

mutumsha
2011-08-30, 07:27 PM
please tell me how to check number of 3G subscriber currently latching in the 3G network.

gprastomo
2011-08-31, 08:49 PM
Currently its already 64 user per cell, and the active user is very less than these number.

br

Please login to the NODE using EM and please follow
1) Radio Network
2) RbsLocalCell-S1C1 and open the property by right clicking.
3) Please check the "maxNumHsdpaUsers"
4) Default value is 16 but you can increase as per your requirement.

gprastomo
2011-08-31, 08:50 PM
Does it means license for 3G subscriber who are attach to the SGSN ?

if yes so the utilization still 10% (max)

br

Yes check how many subscribers your 3G VLR licence can handle than compare it to the active VLR 3G users.
if your licence is limited for x number of users and more users try to connect this will cause loss of packets / disconnections.

ximie
2011-10-11, 12:06 PM
I have Huawei 3G RAN. Below is the NodeB license: Max HSDPA User = 576
Is this really means 576 HS UE can use this? Can this be fix segregate by ration ie: 50:30:20 between 3 sectors?

NodeB License
-------------
Operator Index = 0xffff
Operator Name = Shared
Downlink Frequencies = Unlimited frequency
License Status = Legal license
Max Uplink CE = 1024
Max Downlink CE = 1024
Max Local Cell = 9
HSDPA Function = Yes
Max HSDPA User = 576
HSDPA RRM Package1 = Yes
Max HS-PDSCH Code Number = 90
MBMS Function = No
HSUPA Function = Yes
PA Sharing Function = No
HSUPA TTI Function = No
CCPIC Function = No
DYNAMIC CE = Yes
Local Cell Number in 430(0.1dBm) = 9
Multi-Mode BTS TS = Yes
IP Clock Function = Yes
Multi-Mode BTS = No
Emergency NodeB License
-------------
Emergency License Set Status = Unset
(Number of results = 1)
--- END

gprastomo
2011-10-11, 02:48 PM
Hi,

I think this is pool configuration, so it will be dynamic for all sectors in 1 node B.

br

I have Huawei 3G RAN. Below is the NodeB license: Max HSDPA User = 576
Is this really means 576 HS UE can use this? Can this be fix segregate by ration ie: 50:30:20 between 3 sectors?

NodeB License
-------------
Operator Index = 0xffff
Operator Name = Shared
Downlink Frequencies = Unlimited frequency
License Status = Legal license
Max Uplink CE = 1024
Max Downlink CE = 1024
Max Local Cell = 9
HSDPA Function = Yes
Max HSDPA User = 576
HSDPA RRM Package1 = Yes