PDA

View Full Version : Others Huawei SPES identifying Mapinfo as restricted

dacoder
2011-08-24, 01:08 AM
Hi
Today I witnessed something very strange. Out of nowhere my SPES gave a warning that Mapinfo is restricted software and should be uninstalled immediately. I checked with my colleagues and they also had same warning. It also stated failure to do so would result in punishment. Have u huawei guys also received same warnings? Why is huawei giving such warning? Mapinfo is very essential in my daily works btw

Thanks

Laughing
2011-08-24, 11:43 AM
Hi,

I think you can use portable Mapinfo software. No need to install normally. By this way, SPESS software will not recognize your software.

:D

salrue
2011-08-24, 05:05 PM
Hi
Today I witnessed something very strange. Out of nowhere my SPES gave a warning that Mapinfo is restricted software and should be uninstalled immediately. I checked with my colleagues and they also had same warning. It also stated failure to do so would result in punishment. Have u huawei guys also received same warnings? Why is huawei giving such warning? Mapinfo is very essential in my daily works btw

Thanks

1. RUN from the INI menu and write regedit.

2. To go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/Current_Version/Uninstall.

3. onto the folder uninstall press righ botom and then find "mapinfo" .

4. Look for the file DisplayName and with the righ botom to select modify and change the word “MapInfo” for other e.g maps.

:p

dacoder
2011-08-24, 10:50 PM
1. RUN from the INI menu and write regedit.

2. To go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/Current_Version/Uninstall.

3. onto the folder uninstall press righ botom and then find "mapinfo" .

4. Look for the file DisplayName and with the righ botom to select modify and change the word “MapInfo” for other e.g maps.

:p

spes will not identify mapinfo if I do this, right??