jan74
2011-08-23, 09:46 PM
Hello,

I'm suffring from a huge PS on R99 for some cells in site with 2 frequency
the startegy implemented in these sites:

F1 : R99
F2: HSDPA

Any help?

Hi. You need to supply more information. What are you suffering from? PS Drops on F1? Have you done Drive Tests to show this? How are you separating the traffic between F1 and F2?

gogotchiya83
2011-08-23, 10:15 PM
You need to supply more information. What are you suffering from? PS Drops on F1? Have you done Drive Tests to show this? How are you separating the traffic between F1 and F2?

We are suffering from a huge PS drops on F1 especially for cells with 2 freq
for the trafic, normaly if the UE is in an area of coverage of a cell with 2 freq the priority is to select F2 for PS (HSDPA) and F1 for AMR expect if the UE isn't "HSDPA capable", another scénario when the UE can use F1 (R99) even if it's HSDPA capable in the case of multi Rab PS+CS.

So, what do you suggest?

jan74
2011-08-23, 10:54 PM
You need to supply more information. What are you suffering from? PS Drops on F1? Have you done Drive Tests to show this? How are you separating the traffic between F1 and F2?

We are suffering from a huge PS drops on F1 especially for cells with 2 freq
for the trafic, normaly if the UE is in an area of coverage of a cell with 2 freq the priority is to select F2 for PS (HSDPA) and F1 for AMR expect if the UE isn't "HSDPA capable", another scénario when the UE can use F1 (R99) even if it's HSDPA capable in the case of multi Rab PS+CS.

So, what do you suggest?

We have it setup this way and have no problems with it. You need to check the following things:

1. You are clearly using HS Capability Based HO feature to get from F1 to F2. Make sure this is setup correctly. It should be setup for "Periodic" as opposed to "Event Based". You should check the parameters are correct so that you can have at least 3 UEs in Compressed Mode simultaneously before the Handover. Presumably your neighbours are all in place and correct between F2 and F1....

2. I assume you are using Directed Retry for HS to get users who request HS onto F2 during the RRC Connection Request phase. Check that this is working correctly. There are counters to measure it, eg. M1001C260, 261 if you are using NSN kit.

3. If using the above feature, make sure you have HS Layering for UEs in Common Channels feature enabled as this is required for Directed Retry to work well.

4. Check stats to see exactly where the calls are dropping. Are they dropping on F1 or on F2? What are the drop causes? Are they mostly on the edge between F1 and F2 areas?

5. You should not allow IFHO from F1 to F2 due to EcNo nor RSCP.

6. Have you got enough Channel Elements enabled?

There is a lot to consider but you should not have those failures.

gogotchiya83
2011-08-23, 11:07 PM
thanks men for your answer but NSN algorithm is different
i'm working with ALU (UA7.0) and there is an algorithme called IMCTA that give the possibilité to make HO based on Service.
Any one can help US?

jan74
2011-08-24, 12:49 AM
i'm working with ALU (UA7.0) and there is an algorithme called IMCTA that give the possibilité to make HO based on Service.
Any one can help US?

The principle is the same. You need to see what calls are dropping and where. Only then can you find out why this is happening.

gprastomo
2011-08-24, 03:43 PM
Hi,

Actually jan already gave the good comment, you just need to verify. I ll ad some little addition.

As NSN and Huawei, they have similar procedure to make HSPA layer. They call it Directed Retry RRC (NSN) and DRD (Huawei), and by this DRRC/DRD you can specify on which layer the service will be allocated (based on priority).
This is not handover based on service, this is like directed retry, which the procedure begin from the RRC not during RAB. And in Huawei you need to define the Blind HO for those corresponding cells.

So just please check this, directed retry and blind HO (if any).

Also the basic things are, the parameter like CPICH power, SC, sector id, between cell on F1 and its assosiaced F2 should be the same. Of course you need to define the neighbors for interfreq (at least the coo site).

br

Any one can help US?