PDA

View Full Version : Question Busy Hour in WCDMA

wireless_houss
2011-08-22, 12:56 AM
Hi my friends,

we have wcdma network and our subscriber use mainly the data side, so i'd like to define the busy hour based on data traffic but i don't know which counter i should use.

thanks

fernguillermo
2011-08-22, 02:04 PM
Hi,
In Huawei, you can use the following:

VS.HSDPA.RAB.AttEstab - number of HSDPA attempts
VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput- HSDPA throughput
VS.HSDPA.UE.Mean.Cell - number of HSDPA users

You may refer to the attachment for details

Regards!

wireless_houss
2011-08-22, 11:52 PM
Hi,

Regards!

so you confirm that it's better to define the BusyHour based on THe number of user equipement

_lisi4king
2011-08-23, 04:11 AM
Hi,

Regards!

I can not agree with this statment, because need to find BUSY HOUR. Hour, when Network much loaded.

So:

VS.HSDPA.RAB.AttEstab - may be (load from one HS user can be different)
VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput - you will have maximum in NonBH
VS.HSDPA.UE.Mean.Cell - not sure (because 5 users with with 3,6Mbit\s modems it is not equal 5 users with 21Mbit\s. Load will be different).

So i suggest to use something related with HS thaffic. When HS traffic maximum, in common network loaded maximum. :)

wahaha
2011-08-23, 10:15 AM
You may obtain more complete Huawei course in the following link:

http://www.finetopix.com/credit-free-section/9714-huawei-wcdma-counters-kpi.html

fernguillermo
2011-08-23, 10:28 AM
I can not agree with this statment, because need to find BUSY HOUR. Hour, when Network much loaded.

So:

VS.HSDPA.UE.Mean.Cell - not sure (because 5 users with with 3,6Mbit\s modems it is not equal 5 users with 21Mbit\s. Load will be different).

So i suggest to use something related with HS thaffic. When HS traffic maximum, in common network loaded maximum. :)

Thanks lisi4king for pointing it out.

In my network, we use VS.HSDPA.RAB.AttEstab and VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes (not VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput) to get HSDPA traffic.

I would say VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes is like the HSDPA volume. From the counter definition, when an HSDPA cell transmits data, the RNC measures the number of bytes transmitted. You may divide this counter by (1024 * 1024) to get the volume in Mbytes.

wireless_houss
2011-08-23, 08:23 PM

So:

what does mean HS traffic

_lisi4king
2011-08-23, 08:35 PM
what does mean HS traffic

HSDPA traffic - VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes

In DL this counter can show max load for all network. I do not recomend to take it for one cell. But for all Network it is most appropriate. ;)

wireless_houss
2011-08-24, 07:55 PM
HSDPA traffic - VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes

In DL this counter can show max load for all network. I do not recomend to take it for one cell. But for all Network it is most appropriate. ;)

Please do you have an exemple of an stastic trafic report for wcdma

aznax
2011-08-24, 09:22 PM
Hi my friends,

we have wcdma network and our subscriber use mainly the data side, so i'd like to define the busy hour based on data traffic but i don't know which counter i should use.

thanks

All counters are same for busy hours and normal time, no different counters.
all you need to do is adjust filter options (select busy hour) from your performance tool or statistic tool.

twenty8
2011-08-24, 09:53 PM
Hi,

I also agree that network busy hour should be based on HSDPA payload which is given by VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes

wireless_houss
2011-08-24, 10:34 PM
"HSDPA payload which is given by VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes" this counter refer to the cell but what is the equivelent counter for RNC

_lisi4king
2011-08-24, 11:57 PM
"HSDPA payload which is given by VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes" this counter refer to the cell but what is the equivelent counter for RNC

But for 2G do you use BSC based counter? I think you take Erlsngs by hour and by cell. Sum it, and hour were sum is maximum - busy hour. Am i right?

Why for 3G you are going to invent something else? :rolleyes: