PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Link Craft cross-connect issues

jezj
2011-08-21, 04:34 PM
Hi,

When cross connecting via LTU/NPU/MMU using Windows 7 x64, the page displays for a couple of seconds, then the html viewer goes to a blank page with "embedded dummy" footer heading at the top.

This doesn't happen in XP or whilst using XP mode in Windows 7.

Is there a setting to change / patch or update since 2.15

This issue also occured in all previous versions as well.

Wizeguy
2011-08-23, 11:50 AM
Hi,

When cross connecting via LTU/NPU/MMU using Windows 7 x64, the page displays for a couple of seconds, then the html viewer goes to a blank page with "embedded dummy" footer heading at the top.

This doesn't happen in XP or whilst using XP mode in Windows 7.

Is there a setting to change / patch or update since 2.15

This issue also occured in all previous versions as well.

Often when I get this type or problem, I find that it is due to proxy- or firewall-settings.
Some pages in the MINI-LINK Craft are actually HTML implemented and will use an HTML-browser within the MINI-LINK Craft to view.
If there are any problems with proxy or firewall, these pages just won't be viewable.

There are differences between W7, Vista and XP for sure, so it is not necessary a MINI-LINK Craft issue.
Try setting the proxy-settings to bypass proxy for the address ranges you intend to use for your MINI-LINK nodes.

Usually I get this problem with the USB-LAN default IP "10.0.0.1", so it might be enough for you to bypass proxy for 10.0.0.1.
Simplest way to access proxy-settings are via IE -> tools -> internet options
-> connections -> LAN settnings ->

Either turn off completely to prove the point, or you just figure out the best way to do it. There are a number of ways to disable for specific addresses or ranges. Take for instance a look in the advanced settings.

Good luck

jezj
2011-08-23, 03:33 PM
Hi, thanks for the info, but I have turned the firewall completely off and still no joy (also do not have proxy enabled in my LAN settings).

Any other suggestions? This is happening with all the field engineers laptops with Windows 7.

Wizeguy
2011-08-24, 12:39 AM
Hi, thanks for the info, but I have turned the firewall completely off and still no joy (also do not have proxy enabled in my LAN settings).

Any other suggestions? This is happening with all the field engineers laptops with Windows 7.

To exclude the MINI-LINK Craft, try accessing the node with IE or other browser.
Some pages should still be visible as HTML even if most settings are not as HTML.

jezj
2011-08-28, 03:51 PM
To exclude the MINI-LINK Craft, try accessing the node with IE or other browser.
Some pages should still be visible as HTML even if most settings are not as HTML.

Tried accessing via webpage, the screen for cross connects appears but I cannot select anything to cross connect, where there should be boxes, its all blank with nothing but the horizontal/vertical IF's.

Something with the HTML browser in Windows 7 or is it the TN software itself?

Wizeguy
2011-08-28, 08:41 PM
It Can be either a IE9 issue or the web paged generated inside the TN node.
But it should not be MINI-LINK Craft issue if I have my information correct.

I will try to dig deeper into this myself too.
I find it interesting since 64bit W7 will probably be the most used OS during coming roll outs.

jezj
2011-08-28, 09:33 PM
It Can be either a IE9 issue or the web paged generated inside the TN node.
But it should not be MINI-LINK Craft issue if I have my information correct.

I will try to dig deeper into this myself too.
I find it interesting since 64bit W7 will probably be the most used OS during coming roll outs.

I agree that it's not the craft software itself, but some form of compatibility issue with Win7 as both the craft software and web based app works in XP Mode. I will try this coming week to access the web-based app with Chrome & Firefox and post results / differences.

Wizeguy
2011-08-28, 10:30 PM
I agree that it's not the craft software itself, but some form of compatibility issue with Win7 as both the craft software and web based app works in XP Mode. I will try this coming week to access the web-based app with Chrome & Firefox and post results / differences.

Great, I am awaiting feedback from your findings then :)

cadaoasaq
2011-08-29, 07:32 AM

Hi, I have been using 64 bit W7 but I have never encountered any problem.

Wizeguy
2011-08-29, 11:41 AM
Hi, I have been using 64 bit W7 but I have never encountered any problem.

What IE version are you running?
What TN release?

shabeeh
2011-08-29, 12:45 PM
Dear friend I will be very thank ful to you if you resolve my problem.I am using minilinkcraft 2.15 in window xp
I have have some TN where R3 is installed.issue is that in R3 neither performance and performance interval menu seen in RAUIF interface nor alarms of 15 min es,ses at RAU if alarm page and also when I go on to configure page of RAU IF, I see performance TAB is disappear.when I updrade my node to R4 every thing becomes normal.Kindly help me

BR/Shabeeh

Wizeguy
2011-08-30, 04:02 AM
Dear friend I will be very thank ful to you if you resolve my problem.I am using minilinkcraft 2.15 in window xp
I have have some TN where R3 is installed.issue is that in R3 neither performance and performance interval menu seen in RAUIF interface nor alarms of 15 min es,ses at RAU if alarm page and also when I go on to configure page of RAU IF, I see performance TAB is disappear.when I updrade my node to R4 every thing becomes normal.Kindly help me

BR/Shabeeh

What R3 release are you running?

shabeeh
2011-08-30, 01:41 PM
Dear R 3.3.9thanx

jezj
2011-09-06, 09:59 PM
What IE version are you running?
What TN release?

Running IE 9, have now tried without craft and using the web-interface with chrome / firefox and is no different. Still unable to cross-connect between cards. There are no icons to click between IF's

The software on the kit is mainly TN4.4 (CXP9010021_1-R21A), but a few still have 4.3 on them.

I'm thinking if there is a way to change what HTML viewer the craft software uses if it is IE9 that is at fault?

Wizeguy
2011-09-07, 12:24 AM
Running IE 9, have now tried without craft and using the web-interface with chrome / firefox and is no different. Still unable to cross-connect between cards. There are no icons to click between IF's

The software on the kit is mainly TN4.4 (CXP9010021_1-R21A), but a few still have 4.3 on them.

I'm thinking if there is a way to change what HTML viewer the craft software uses if it is IE9 that is at fault?

I am sorry that I can't find any way to help here. I don't see the same problems.
What equipment are you accessing, NPU3B/1C etc...?

jezj
2011-09-07, 01:35 AM
LTU, MMU, NPU. Everything else works great in Win7 except cross-connecting. Was the same when I was using a TIU with the E******* 6000 kit.

j.ak
2011-09-07, 08:28 PM
It's the problem with IE9.

I also have the same problem. I tried updating the java, but couldn't resolve the problem.

Finally I uninstalled IE9, everything works fine.
Now I have IE8 and craft runs smoothly. :)

jezj
2011-09-07, 09:33 PM
Thanks, that was my next step. I'll also unintall ie9 and post if it works for me too.

If so, we'll probably have to wait for a later Craft/TN software that is compatible I suppose?

Wizeguy
2011-09-07, 11:41 PM
I have used IE9 without problem, could it be a specific IE9 patch or similar that gives the problem?

Rumor says that all html pages soon will be replaced in MINI-LINK Craft, I guess the problem will be gone then.

j.ak
2011-09-08, 10:53 PM
There is IE9 beta, IE9 RC & IE9.
May be craft will work fine on IE9 final version release.

But the first 2 are the beta releases.
And may be jezj is using one of the beta releases.

If it is beta release, upgrade it to ie9 final release & give a try.
If not, uninstall ie9 & try it with ie8.

:D:D:D

Wizeguy
2011-09-11, 06:27 AM
I can see this in some nodes too.
But it seems to be related to different NPU types and TN releases.
What NPU types are you accessing when you seen the problem?

Cheers

j.ak
2011-09-12, 06:12 PM
NPU1B & NPU1C.
TN release 4.3.2, 4.3.1....
ML craft 2.11, 2.09, 2.07.....

Wizeguy
2011-09-13, 04:18 AM
NPU1B & NPU1C.
TN release 4.3.2, 4.3.1....
ML craft 2.11, 2.09, 2.07.....

The work around for me is to open the pages directly in a browser window instead.
web-address "IP-address of the node", login with "control_user" and your control user password and then find your way through the menus. The traffic cross connect should be there.
At least for the NPU8x2, but I am not 100% yet that it will work on NPU1B or NPU1C.

j.ak
2011-09-27, 05:03 PM
Now I have ML TN craft 2.15.
And it works with IE9. :)

mary
2011-10-27, 05:37 PM
Hope i can learn this too.

aakittani
2011-11-02, 01:53 AM
Hi all, Thanks for the comments..
By the way, I'm using ML 2.11, w7, IE8 with no problem, after I upgraded IE8 to IE9 I started suffering from the problem.
It seems that the trouble cause is a high security features is IE9, so I will install google chrome and set it as a default browser and try to make Traffic routing and SW upgrade. also I will set it (if found) as a default viewer for HTML.

To one who posted it works with IE9, how did it works? please your help.

aakittani
2011-11-03, 09:07 PM
Hello all, I installed ML2.15 to solve the problem, but useless!! how does it work with you IE9 and W7??

Wizeguy
2011-11-04, 12:12 AM
Hello all, I installed ML2.15 to solve the problem, but useless!! how does it work with you IE9 and W7??

It's not a problem that present releases of MINI-LINK Craft handles.
Since the pages with problems are html viewed in a launched IE window.
You might get these pages to work by opening directly in IE or other browser.

In a future release of MINI-LINK Craft, (might be soon we hope)...the pages will be ported to full MINI-LINK Craft implementation and the problem will most likely be gone.

aakittani
2011-11-05, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the comment, but j.ak said that it works ML2.15 with IE9 and W7? how is that?
??

Wizeguy
2011-11-05, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the comment, but j.ak said that it works ML2.15 with IE9 and W7? how is that?
??

Don't know really.
Could be different security settings, IE9 versions, Java versions or pick another possible issue.
There could also be slightly different implementations in different NPU types and TN releases when it comes to the "EEM" pages.

aakittani
2011-11-05, 11:29 PM
Don't know really.
Could be different security settings, IE9 versions, Java versions or pick another possible issue.
There could also be slightly different implementations in different NPU types and TN releases when it comes to the "EEM" pages.

That's what I'm looking for, the exact setting for IE9 that comply with ML2.15 .. if you know it please share it..

Many thanks,
Adey

Wizeguy
2011-11-06, 05:59 AM
That's what I'm looking for, the exact setting for IE9 that comply with ML2.15 .. if you know it please share it..

Many thanks,
Adey

I don't know if there are any "incompatibility" issue between MINI-LINK Craft and IE9.
What I am trying to say is that it is more likely to be an EEM problem.
EEM is html pages generated dynamically in the MINI-LINK TN node. They can be viewed in IE or other browsers directly or in MINI-LINK Craft they are viewed in a launched IE window inside the ML-Craft. My guess is that is an incompatibility between IE and EEM.
Since EEM is embedded in the SBL and code running on the node itself, it will not help doing fixes in the MINI-LINK Craft. But problem will most likely be solved if the MINI-LINK Craft will start using SNMP transactions and build the pages inside craft instead of EEM/html based.
(Today there are only a few EEM implemented pages remaining, most are already moved directly into the MINI-LINK Craft.)