PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for 3G RF Engineer Job Interview

bikplaboi
2011-08-20, 08:49 PM
Hi All,

I will be going in for a 3G RF Enginner position interview in a week's time and need some guidance on what I need to prepare for in terms which particular area of RF Planning and Optimization will I be most like to be asked questions.

I have good practical experience with 2G, GPRS, EDGE and as for 3G I just started learning and have not had any formal training or hands on experience so I am bit worried.

Please any member with good 3G experience let me know some pointers so I can concentrate on the main areas of concern for a 3G RF Engineer so I can start well.

Thank all who give feedback..

br,,

bikplaboi:(:confused:

leteo
2011-08-21, 01:34 AM
Hi All,

I will be going in for a 3G RF Enginner position interview in a week's time and need some guidance on what I need to prepare for in terms which particular area of RF Planning and Optimization will I be most like to be asked questions.

I have good practical experience with 2G, GPRS, EDGE and as for 3G I just started learning and have not had any formal training or hands on experience so I am bit worried.

Please any member with good 3G experience let me know some pointers so I can concentrate on the main areas of concern for a 3G RF Engineer so I can start well.

br,,

BASIC KNOWLEDGE about 2G (I recommend Aircom docs) and 3G (Nokia docs). Those docs you could search in this 4rum.
But the most important, show your passion about RF field.
Good luck, guy.

jimjim
2011-08-21, 04:53 AM
Hi All,

br,,

Hello there,

There have been sometime ago a post about 3G interview questions. Do a little search and start with them. A roadmap for 3G start from top to bottom, if you are going to work with Huawei equipments then you can find a wealth of information on FineTopix.

However download 3G interview questions, and proceed from there.

:)
Regards,

bikplaboi
2011-08-21, 10:29 AM
THANKS FOR THAT BRO I AM ALREADY DOING SOME READING ON NOKIA 3G PAssion I got alot of for RF... hahaha..

:D THANKS..:D

BASIC KNOWLEDGE about 2G (I recommend Aircom docs) and 3G (Nokia docs). Those docs you could search in this 4rum.
But the most important, show your passion about RF field.
Good luck, guy.

jimjim
2011-08-21, 12:04 PM
Good luck

:lol

rffreeconsult
2011-08-21, 03:56 PM
Make sure to know about WCDMA and its 4 different services: interactive, streaming, background...How the RAB bearers are allocated & RAB bearer definitions...Different between PS & CS services...Spread-spectrum techniques and their characteristics (Power control how it work, soft HO, PSC allocation-remember SC are used both on UL & DL)...Differences between Channelization codes & SC codes...The Signaling may ask to describe the call set-up procedures and all the related-parameters....Definition of IRAT & IFHO...What are the procedure of soft HO (active set, monitored set,,,,)...How is the noise in the system and how it affects the capacity?? How the system capacity is defined?? Whether it is uplink-limited or downlink limited??

If they are tough, they may ask additional questions about PS-services like differences between HSPA (HSDPA & HSUPA) and R99 services...HSPA may requires description of the technology...how it works...

Those are a few main topics that you should know because it will affect your work later. Good luck then

rffreeconsult
2011-08-21, 03:59 PM
Just want to ask...if they ask about design, they may ask about Monte Carlo definition and why it should be used. also, the link budget should be included too, along with the traffic map and how to define it (the ratio between Voice & data users)...Principal questions about design, propagation models, pathloss, wave propagation phenomenon and how it affects UMTS...(how many fingers...!!!)