PDA

View Full Version : Force a UE to be connected to a carrier

vadb
2011-08-16, 02:45 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there is someway to force a UE to be attached to a specific carrier in connected mode. The whole equipment is Huawei.

Thanks in advance.

Blacktiger
2011-08-16, 10:16 AM
You can do Biasing or set Interfreq. handover parameter false.,,

Hi,

I was wondering if there is someway to force a UE to be attached to a specific carrier in connected mode. The whole equipment is Huawei.

Thanks in advance.

vadb
2011-08-17, 02:51 AM
Thanks for your answer Blacktiger,

That would work if I originated the call on the desired carrier, right? Or am I misunderstanding something? How can I originate the call in an specific carrier?

Thanks.

agenov
2011-08-17, 03:47 AM
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

if you use drive test software like Nemo you can do that. Probably Huawei's probe also but i am not sure..

BR
Alex

Blacktiger
2011-08-22, 01:12 AM
Can you briefly explain your scenario then and then i can gave you better answer??

Scenario like ...

Which carrier you testing ??

how many carrier on that band??

and all

OR

You can lock your UE on particular Carrier..

Either

Use TEMS software for drive test...In that you can lock particular carrier.

That would work if I originated the call on the desired carrier, right? Or am I misunderstanding something? How can I originate the call in an specific carrier?

Thanks.

capcipcup
2011-08-25, 12:42 PM

Thanks.

you could try lock your carrier band

vadb
2011-08-27, 05:34 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry for the absence, we are going to use Huawei's STR DLSIM command to simulate load in F1 with F2 in reserved mode so our mobile is going to be forced to HO to F2 and will be the only one connected to that carrier.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome...

Thanks you all for your comments.

twenty8
2011-08-27, 11:49 AM
Hi,

are u the only user in f1 ? if you set f2 as operator reserve then you would need specific access class enabled on the SIM (AC11 & AC15) .. I guess you will be using load base HO to transfer the call ?

vadb
2011-08-27, 12:08 PM
Hi,

twenty8:

I'm not going to be necessarily the only user in F1 and yes, we have SIM cards with access to carriers in reserved mode. Exactly, the idea is to use load based HO. I guess if we set the simulated load level to the exact level in regards to the load based handover trigger and real load, we could reduce the service affectation if there is any.

I think is not the easiest or smartest way to do it but, apparently, is the only one available jejeje.

Blacktiger:

Right now we have only one carrier in service on 1900Mhz band and the idea is to test the services in the second carrier of 1900MHz band, so we need the mobile to be connected on that carrier all the time but, apparently, it isn't possible to force the UE to that carrier with Huawei's software (I'm no expert). Is there a way to lock the UE to F2?.

capcipcup:
What do you mean by lock my carrier band?

Any suggestions or possible drawbacks?

bssmsm
2011-08-28, 10:30 AM
Tri to enter to test mode with

*1673492846 + down key

menu radio frecuency -> Lock frecuency

ant type the uarfcn that you need to lock...