PDA

View Full Version : 3G Cell utilisation

ritgail
2011-08-13, 07:55 PM
My Question is:

For GSM we have no. of channel available in a BTS, and Gos we can find the erlang or traffic capacity. from KPI report we can find the cell utilization a site. whether it is over or under utilized.

For UMTS can we have a same "type" utlisation details, over under? This is required by our customer who is believing that it is the same way as GSM...

:confused:

ritgail
2011-08-14, 01:20 AM
I will give repo..pls share...

_lisi4king
2011-08-14, 03:20 AM
I will give repo..pls share...

In UMTS you have a lot of types of utilization. For examle power, CE, code utilization, so it is difficult to tell you, which one you can choose for esaimate utilization of your network. Need to take it to account everuthing :)

ritgail
2011-08-14, 04:41 AM
I got that right...do you have report of CE/power code utilisation report

_lisi4king
2011-08-14, 02:55 PM
I got that right...do you have report of CE/power code utilisation report

We don't calculate combined utilization (CE,code,power) and i think it is not possible. We use this reports separately.

For example for Huawei exists counters, which count CE usage, so if you will devide usage\configured -> you will have utilization.

Example of UL daily utilization for 1 RNC on the picture.

rffreeconsult
2011-08-14, 03:34 PM
:lol If I do not make a mistake. It is understood that CE Usage is related to UL utilization rate. Meanwhile, Code & Power usage are more related to DL utilization rate. The Usage rate in UMTS is calculated differently on UL or DL...Please correct if I am wrong as I know there are a lot of UMTS experts in the forum. Thank for the comments.

_lisi4king
2011-08-14, 03:49 PM
:lol If I do not make a mistake. It is understood that CE Usage is related to UL utilization rate. Meanwhile, Code & Power usage are more related to DL utilization rate. The Usage rate in UMTS is calculated differently on UL or DL...Please correct if I am wrong as I know there are a lot of UMTS experts in the forum. Thank for the comments.

I meant, that it is not possible to take only one parameter and calculate utilization of UMTS network. I think need to take in to account a lot of things. My graph was about CE UL utilisation only like example, no more.

And if consider CE utilization, it is better to take UL, because in UL consumption more than in DL (Huawei). :cool:

salamanda1969
2011-08-14, 04:26 PM
Basic UMTS utilization would include:

Radio: Common channels
NodeB: CE, Code, carrier power, UL noise
Transmission pipes: Iub, NBAP, ALCAP, IP,
RNC processor load, processing capability, licences,
UMTS elements: IuCS, IuPS, IuR
etc.

Stealth
2011-08-14, 10:25 PM

etc.

Do you have any documents regarding these UMTS utilization?
I have been looking for one (for Ericcson vendor).
If you have, please share.

Many thanks in advance

Regards
Stealth

chacho.morales
2011-08-15, 02:05 PM
In gsm you can said you can do some math and know how much of the network you have, but in umts the system is a mix of variables, and each one is dinamic, thats why you need To know what part you are analysing.

PM-GIA
2011-08-15, 07:53 PM
For UMTS can we have a same "type" utlisation details, over under? This is required by our customer who is believing that it is the same way as GSM...

:confused:

I think you might change your customer idea first, then you can solve this problem... :D

twenty8
2011-08-15, 08:28 PM
Hi,
To some what calculate the maximum loading a UMTS is possible to take can be calculated using the pole capacity which will result in number of AMR calls at 100% from a power point of view. To make such calculation you need to identify which are the possible bottleneck to cap your traffic first. To do so you need to have a baseline capacity or equipped capacity , ie . # of CE , Frequencies , PA type. Same way we calculate max erlang by taking into consideration how much TRX is available.

However to make an exact calculation like in GSM is not possible due to the nature of traffic (voice and PS) as well as the limitation imposed due to technology (CDMA).

_lisi4king
2011-08-18, 02:13 PM

etc.

I can add here TTI utilization.

For Huawei VS_DATATTIRATIO_MEAN

:cool:

ritgail
2011-08-19, 01:30 AM
Our system is ZTE...I have found got group CE utilisation for NodeB level counter is PI300794

How is the design criteria..not all CE are available to voice or video or data alone..% wise planning is there any?:eek:

_lisi4king
2011-08-19, 01:52 AM
Our system is ZTE...I have found got group CE utilisation for NodeB level counter is PI300794

How is the design criteria..not all CE are available to voice or video or data alone..% wise planning is there any?:eek:

Hello, man, i as i see, you use ZTE, so you shold be ready to have a lot of problem. I know it, bacause half of my Network this is ZTE. All counters looks suspicious, documentation were written on Chinese English and to do not match with real situation. Need to check everything.

And about PI300794 - this is formula, not counter. You need to find out all couters, which inside PI300794.

Second - all set of CE should be used for DCH (R99,voice,video). You can try to check it in ZTE trace.

;)

ritgail
2011-08-19, 02:48 AM
Hello, man, i as i see, you use ZTE, so you shold be ready to have a lot of problem. I know it, bacause half of my Network this is ZTE. All counters looks suspicious, documentation were written on Chinese English and to do not match with real situation. Need to check everything.

And about PI300794 - this is formula, not counter. You need to find out all couters, which inside PI300794.

Second - all set of CE should be used for DCH (R99,voice,video). You can try to check it in ZTE trace.

;)

Bro, please let me know more about this formula...

_lisi4king
2011-08-19, 02:58 AM
Bro, please let me know more about this formula...

Try in OSS View->Performance Management, than you neet to find your PI300794 . And as i remember rigth click and will stuff like show detailes (i can not check, i do not have access now). And you will see something like C30.....+C31...../C39....and ect.

And on my attached file you can see where possible to find CE consumption in trace.

And, notice, we had a problem, when different sites had different CE consumption of the same servises. Please, check it too (from trace, like on the picture)

:)

ritgail
2011-08-19, 03:23 AM
Great man.....i will reply after getting deep into....