PDA

View Full Version : Question Effect of change in LAC

dacoder
2011-08-13, 04:27 PM
Hi
I wanna know if changing LAC of some cells will cause any effect in the neighbor definition? For eg, if a cell CAL001A has neighbors CAL008A,B,C, CAL009A,B,C and if I change the LAC of CAL008A,B,C then will CAL008A,B,C still be in the NBR list of CAL001A or will I have to redefine the NBR?

Thanks

s52d
2011-08-13, 06:03 PM
Hi
I wanna know if changing LAC of some cells will cause any effect in the neighbor definition? For eg, if a cell CAL001A has neighbors CAL008A,B,C, CAL009A,B,C and if I change the LAC of CAL008A,B,C then will CAL008A,B,C still be in the NBR list of CAL001A or will I have to redefine the NBR?

Thanks

Not inwithin single BSC/RNC. Anyhow, you have pay attention to keep all
data consistend across MSCS/VLRs, BSCs. RNCs.
With E/// BSS, use cna and cna consistency checking.

If you have a lot of handover attempts, but all fails, it indicates inconsistency:
BCCH/BSIC pair is detected, H/O attempted, but path to target cell is not found based on CGI.

BR
s52d

badpid
2011-08-13, 07:04 PM
Hi

Thanks

Yes, u shall redefine.

dacoder
2011-08-14, 10:48 PM
Hi
I was thinking that only external neighbors need be redefined.

fernguillermo
2011-08-15, 08:56 AM
Hi,
We have both Huawei & NSN 3G in our network. Recently we did come LAC changes on some of our NSN cells. Some of these NSN cells have neighbour relation with our Huawei cells.

After a few days, we noticed an increase in drop calls which coincides with the time of the LAC change.

We found out that we need to update the LAC information of the NSN cells in the Huawei RNC; by using the MOD UEXT3GCELL / MOD UINTERFREQNCELL, etc. This fixed the problem.

Please take note of this scenario when doing LAC changes.

dacoder
2011-08-21, 10:26 PM
Hi,
We have both Huawei & NSN 3G in our network. Recently we did come LAC changes on some of our NSN cells. Some of these NSN cells have neighbour relation with our Huawei cells.

After a few days, we noticed an increase in drop calls which coincides with the time of the LAC change.

We found out that we need to update the LAC information of the NSN cells in the Huawei RNC; by using the MOD UEXT3GCELL / MOD UINTERFREQNCELL, etc. This fixed the problem.

Please take note of this scenario when doing LAC changes.

Yes that exactly what I was talking about....you need to redefine or modify external cells when doing LAC modifications

Thanks

tgadoud
2011-08-23, 12:45 AM
Whenn you declare a neighboor relationship you need to specifie the LAC of the cell, so if you change the neighbooring you have to update new LAC in your network (if you don't do that you will have call HO drop)
A+