PDA

View Full Version : Share your experience on planning or drivetesting of WIMAX

fotondiamond
2008-12-07, 04:28 AM
hi,
I know that many professional members are in this lovely forum

I ask them to share their experiences or their suggestion to have the best WIMAX planning & drivetest, for example which softwares or tools we can use for planning or drivetesting of wimax, and which one is the best, and.........
what ever you think that it can be useful.

I think that this can be a good thread.
BR//

shahram
2008-12-07, 11:07 AM
TEMS and NEMO are the best for drive test( GSM/UMTS)
Actix in post processing
Enterprise in Planing

(just my experience)

tibetan
2008-12-07, 01:51 PM
Actix can handle some less-frequently used file formats, and that is about it. If you are using the more frequently used file format, such as TEMS and NEMO, you are paying hidden and high cost for Actix developers to waste their time decoding those seldom used file format.

But good thing is that you can get free copy here.

blast
2008-12-07, 05:10 PM
Yes I Agree with Tibetan, i love this forum....

fotondiamond
2008-12-08, 01:35 AM
1-Tems & Nemo can use DRT4301 wimax scanner, but as i know DRT4301 is a scanner, can we use a Scanner to do Drivetest? maybe using CPEs is better.
I ask experts that they have experience with DRT 4301 or CPEs to give us some info.

2- Can we analyze Tems or Nemo WIMAX log files inside actix? WIMAX parameters are different from GSM,UMTS,CDMA,..., i have never seen these parameters in actix menus, you have seen?
if actix can support WIMAX log files, Which license we should have to analyze it inside actix?

3- I ask WIMAX experts to share Log files of WIMAX Drivetest to have a deep investigation.

fotondiamond
2008-12-09, 10:26 PM
I am really confused that nobody has no experience about WIMAX in this great forum !!?!!!

uel888
2008-12-10, 09:19 AM
Wimax is a new technology, just deploying the said technology. We're just implementing IEEE802.16d . I believed that drivetestibng will be used for IEEE802.16e during handover.