PDA

View Full Version : Question BSC Paging

engaom
2011-08-11, 03:56 AM
Dear experts;

Does anyone have any idea regarding BSC paging?

Actually; we need to do a trial on a certain LAC,as we need to set the first paging to TMSI dircted to last BSC reported & the second paging is IMSI directed to LAC

appreciate your feedback

RF engineer
2011-08-11, 02:11 PM
Dear experts;

Does anyone have any idea regarding BSC paging?

Actually; we need to do a trial on a certain LAC,as we need to set the first paging to TMSI dircted to last BSC reported & the second paging is IMSI directed to LAC

appreciate your feedback

Do you these parameter change on BSC level or MSC level. As i know they are from MSC side , sure you will have result when your idea is implemented as i did for One LAC i got improvement ans i did the same for next LAC no change it depend . LAC size, traffic , Radio parameters.

BR

gprastomo
2011-08-11, 02:56 PM
Hi,

This is MSS Level parameters.
Actually you can set each paging message to TMSI, IMSI, or even the whole MSS (not LAC, specific vendor has it).
Let say the first page is TMSI, then if it unsuccess then the secon page will be IMSI, then if it unsuccess then the third page will be the whole MSS.

Also you need to think about the paging supervision timer and it should have consistency between BSS parameter, let say you have max ret 4 and td/nslotst is the longest one, so usually it need 5-6 second for paging timer, if your paging timer is less so the paging will be released before the user try to access.

br

engaom
2011-08-12, 05:50 AM
Appreciate your feedback

Actually I know that these are MSC parameters.But What I'm confused about is the mechanism itself.How the MSC will know the specific BSC in order to forward the PAGING_REQUEST to it?

If anyone have an idea about this please inform me?

Thanks

hassen
2011-08-12, 05:59 AM
Appreciate your feedback

Actually I know that these are MSC parameters.But What I'm confused about is the mechanism itself.How the MSC will know the specific BSC in order to forward the PAGING_REQUEST to it?

If anyone have an idea about this please inform me?

Thanks
from VLR my friend