PDA

View Full Version : Reason in Drop Call for Source site

chiku
2011-08-10, 04:31 AM
Hi

In UMTS ,Neighbour Cell status is Cell bared and Unreserverd(It should be reserve but during test it remain unreserved).

But my question is why source cell has drop as neighbor cell can take handover traffic.It can nott intiate call but always can take traffic.In drop counter it shows drop due to neighbour.

tsiz
2011-08-10, 11:33 PM
Hi

In UMTS ,Neighbour Cell status is Cell bared and Unreserverd(It should be reserve but during test it remain unreserved).

But my question is why source cell has drop as neighbor cell can take handover traffic.It can nott intiate call but always can take traffic.In drop counter it shows drop due to neighbour.

Make sure your source and target are added as neighbors.

most likely this is a newly integrated site and does not have any neighbors built. So when you unlock and unreserve it, its going to interfere with neighboring sites until they all have been added as neighbors.

Hope this helps.

_lisi4king
2011-08-11, 12:17 AM
....its going to interfere with neighboring sites until they all have been added as neighbors.

Hope this helps.

But when you add site like a neighbour, it will stop to interfere? Why? :o

agenov
2011-08-11, 12:32 AM
But when you add site like a neighbour, it will stop to interfere? Why? :o

In that can case you will have soft/softer HO and avoid pollution. If they are not neighbours so can not be in soft HO one of them will interfereer the other one and vise versus.

BR

_lisi4king
2011-08-11, 03:03 AM
In that can case you will have soft/softer HO and avoid pollution. If they are not neighbours so can not be in soft HO one of them will interfereer the other one and vise versus.

BR

Ok, let me ask using another example. We have in 1 point 4 cells with a level witch enough for adding to active set. And cell A this is serving cell, cells B,C defined like neghbours for cell A, but cell D no. Now we have pollution and inrefirience. But if we add cell D to neghbour list cell A, interfirience will disappear? :confused:

rffreeconsult
2011-08-11, 03:32 AM
In CDMA & UMTS (WCDMA), the frequency re-use pattern is 1. It means that all cells emit on the same frequency. And if they are not neighbors if they are close enough to be seen. They will automatically interfere with each other physically. This is the AB-basis of CDMA & RF.:D

_lisi4king
2011-08-11, 03:41 AM
In CDMA & UMTS (WCDMA), the frequency re-use pattern is 1. It means that all cells emit on the same frequency. And if they are not neighbors if they are close enough to be seen. They will automatically interfere with each other physically. This is the AB-basis of CDMA & RF.:D

but phrase like "ts going to interfere with neighboring sites until they all have been added as neighbors". For me it was strange too. But i saw not in one book, even in Huawei's docs. So, why i ask. :cool:

tsiz
2011-08-11, 04:26 AM
but phrase like "ts going to interfere with neighboring sites until they all have been added as neighbors". For me it was strange too. But i saw not in one book, even in Huawei's docs. So, why i ask. :cool:

obviously it is going to interfere and infact cause missing neighbor drops if they are not added as neighbors.

Ue measures serving cell in active set and if it see the detected neighbor that has better EcNo and RSCP, RNC will drop the call as it sees an interferer in the network.

chiku
2011-08-11, 11:05 AM
It was added as a neighbour.than only it can take handover as i mentioned in my original post .So any idea why even after it was added as neighbor there were drop.