PDA

View Full Version : HELP IN TN R4.4

sems3m
2011-08-08, 07:35 PM
HI GUYS'

I'm Working In E******* Egypt Vodafone Account And We Face A Big Problem that 20p Magazines In diffrent Areas Suddenly fail for many hours and then get back working automatically and many times of troubleshooting we didnt find any reason for this so any one can help me
thanks

spatkad
2011-08-08, 08:00 PM
HI GUYS'

I'm Working In E******* Egypt Vodafone Account And We Face A Big Problem that 20p Magazines In diffrent Areas Suddenly fail for many hours and then get back working automatically and many times of troubleshooting we didnt find any reason for this so any one can help me
thanks

Gentleman,

1). Are u running the latest software baseline (R22B14) on those 20p magazines? if not please do because the latest SBL is more stable.

2). Is the hardware of the 20p magazines old? because if it is old and you insert new modules like MMU2H, the entire magazine goes off.

3). If you mean the 20p magazine powers it self off and on then check the power connectors of the power cable and confirm if they were assembled correctly as in the copper sleeves are crimped firmly with the red and black cables.

4). If you mean the links in the 20p go off and later turn on then the IF connectors need to be checked and re done/ reassembled.Also check whether the insulation on the IF connector fixed onto the RAU is ok because if it isn't then water can enter the IF cable and cause the ON and OFF behavior on the Link.

Good luck,
spatkad

Wizeguy
2011-08-10, 03:45 AM
Hi,
I am not sure if the problem you have are restarts of the nodes or microwave links going up and down.
If you see restarts;
Check that you are using the correct PFU contra number of MMU:s in your AMM:s.
There is a power limitation as described in the compatibility documents and release notes.
Grounding and enough power supply is also crucial.

Do you have enough cooling in the shed, or is there a risk of going above the max allowed temperature limit?
The nodes will be taken into idle mode when reaching upper temp limit.

sems3m
2011-08-13, 10:38 PM
no the node hang and power already on but there is aproblem that once traffic routing cleared suddenly and other time 50% of links not respond and others work hence that no problem in power or temp

Wizeguy
2011-08-14, 06:59 AM
no the node hang and power already on but there is aproblem that once traffic routing cleared suddenly and other time 50% of links not respond and others work hence that no problem in power or temp

There is a TN4.4.2 (maintenance for 4.4) released from E******* which you can use instead of the TN4.4. Might help for your problems, but you really do not give us much to go on.

There are also a TN4.4FP out, but you should keep to 4.4.2 unless you are going to use the features introduced in 4.4FP.

spatkad
2011-08-14, 12:24 PM
There is a TN4.4.2 (maintenance for 4.4) released from E******* which you can use instead of the TN4.4. Might help for your problems, but you really do not give us much to go on.

There are also a TN4.4FP out, but you should keep to 4.4.2 unless you are going to use the features introduced in 4.4FP.

If you have or get these releases of SBL (TN4.4.2 and TN4.4FP )and documentations, please share them with us.

thanks,
spatkad

sems3m
2011-08-14, 06:43 PM
dear wizeguy

i dont have any reason for that and no message appear but suddenly node hang and not respond and almost 50% of links dont carry any traffic

Wizeguy
2011-08-14, 10:07 PM
dear wizeguy

I don't have any reason for that and no message appear but suddenly node hang and not respond and almost 50% of links don't carry any traffic

I think there is an issue of slow nodes with many MMU2H modems in the same node when using TN4.4 and TN4.4.1. But it is not know to disrupt traffic.
Fixed in later rev.
High temp or problems with power supply (low voltage, incorrect grounding etc),
can give the results that you mention.

Cost_Reducer
2011-08-17, 04:57 AM
Hi Guys,

is there a well know issue between the latest SBL and the NPU3B ? I've heard that the lastest SBL isn't supporting NPU3B so the one and only chance is to swap out NPU3B and use NPU3C instead? Is this true?

BR

CR

Wizeguy
2011-08-19, 11:32 AM
Hi Guys,

is there a well know issue between the latest SBL and the NPU3B ? I've heard that the lastest SBL isn't supporting NPU3B so the one and only chance is to swap out NPU3B and use NPU3C instead? Is this true?

BR

CR

I have not found any information in the release documents etc. that NPU3B should no longer be supported.
I know of several systems running TN4.4FP with NPU3B.