PDA

View Full Version : wcdma low data throughput

srikanth
2011-08-07, 02:57 AM
hi
our 3g n/w is deployed with huawei nodeBs. while testing it is observed that in one cluster in some of nodeBs belonging to one RNC the data throughput is observed falling down to 20 to 0kbps from 1 to 3mbps. when the throughput falls not even browsing is possible. from traffic reports it is observed that uplink congestion exists while there is no congestion in downlink in these nodeBs. voice and video call is ok.
what could be the reason for sudden fall down of throughput.
can anyone help me in this regard.

agenov
2011-08-07, 03:23 AM
hi
our 3g n/w is deployed with huawei nodeBs. while testing it is observed that in one cluster in some of nodeBs belonging to one RNC the data throughput is observed falling down to 20 to 0kbps from 1 to 3mbps. when the throughput falls not even browsing is possible. from traffic reports it is observed that uplink congestion exists while there is no congestion in downlink in these nodeBs. voice and video call is ok.

Too many reasons like transmission, TCP, settings, radio related and etc. For sure limitation in the uplink will cause low throughput in DL since this is the reverse channel.

BR

_lisi4king
2011-08-07, 03:44 PM
hi

As i remember we had the same problem. Some NodB's not far from each other with Troughput problem. In our network was TAN problem. Check,whether all NodB's connected to one TAN, if yes....you will find what a problem. ;)

kevin_h811
2011-08-07, 04:23 PM
Hi,

In your statement, you said you have Uplink Congestion and none in Downlink.
It means you have too many subscribers in the area, and because you have none in downlink because the subs accessing the Node Bs are near or close to it.
This is what I understand in your statement.This is why your throughput is low.
You might have to increase your CEs.

BR//