PDA

View Full Version : CS Drop after IRAT HO

fon909
2011-07-27, 11:55 PM
Hi,

Currently am experiencing a problem, after 3G (operator 1) to 2G (operator 2) handover occurs the call drops in about 3-4 seconds. Experienced this problem while drive testing using W995 and also while using my personal phone Xperia X1. Operator 1 and 2 share 3G network among them. Any Idea what could be the cause?

_lisi4king
2011-07-28, 02:15 AM
Hi,

Currently am experiencing a problem, after 3G (operator 1) to 2G (operator 2) handover occurs the call drops in about 3-4 seconds. Experienced this problem while drive testing using W995 and also while using my personal phone Xperia X1. Operator 1 and 2 share 3G network among them. Any Idea what could be the cause?

If it is not in one place, if course core parts of operators :cool:

boring
2011-07-28, 03:19 AM
Could be due to inapprpriate inter-system neighbouring lists

are you sure you have the most optimum gsm candidates?

_lisi4king
2011-07-28, 03:25 AM
Could be due to inapprpriate inter-system neighbouring lists

are you sure you have the most optimum gsm candidates?

As i understand from explanation this problem exists on all Network. I hope he doesn't have so huge inter-system neighbouring problem

jimjim
2011-07-28, 04:56 AM
Hi,

Hello there,

This is a HHO problem. First you need to determine if it is a global problem in the whol enetwork or if it is specific to few cells.

Second determine the problematic cells by looking into KPIs specific to both 3G and 2G vendors.

To start with you need to check if neighbors are well defined in MSC, BSC, and RNC. After completing this check,

The following solution can be followed,

a. Increasing CIO (Cell Individual Offset)

b. Increasing threshold for initiating and stopping compressing mode.

c. Increasing the threshold to handover to GSM.

I hope this could help you to solve the problem.

:)
Regards,

fon909
2011-07-28, 01:25 PM
Thanks for your replies.

@jimjim: this is a global problem persistent throughout the network.

_lisi4king
2011-07-28, 01:48 PM
Thanks for your replies.

@jimjim: this is a global problem persistent throughout the network.

It means only core-core problem. Possible to run trace and find the reason of problem.

zee86
2012-02-10, 11:48 PM
IRAT handover parameters are not defined correctly