PDA

View Full Version : Question VS.RRC.Rej.RL.Fail Counter

gageloz
2011-07-25, 03:26 PM
Hi Friends,

I want ask Huawei 3g counter of VS.RRC.Rej.RL.Fai.
What can be the reasons of this RRC Reject an what about the solutions.
Is any body have detailed document or have any experiences.
I read some Huawei docs but these are not sufficient.

Counter Description
VS.RRC.Rej.RL.Fail Number of rejected RRC connection setups due to RL establishment failure (excluding RL establishment failure due to CE congestion).

agenov
2011-07-25, 03:30 PM
Hi Friends,

I want ask Huawei 3g counter of VS.RRC.Rej.RL.Fai.
What can be the reasons of this RRC Reject an what about the solutions.
Is any body have detailed document or have any experiences.
I read some Huawei docs but these are not sufficient.

Counter Description
VS.RRC.Rej.RL.Fail Number of rejected RRC connection setups due to RL establishment failure (excluding RL establishment failure due to CE congestion).

There are few more counters for RRC rejects by reasons, check them as well to see what might be the reson - congestion, radio failure and etc..

BR

gprastomo
2011-07-25, 03:37 PM
Hi,

In 3G there is procedure called radio link failure. It supervised by RL failure Timer, this radio link failure is caused by bad coverage/quality which can yield on out of synch problem. If during this out of sync, the node B doesnt receive any specific number of in synch indicator then it will generate this radio link failure procedure if this timer expires so this counter will increase.

Those RRC reject maybe because of this, during the RRC phase, the RL failure condition was met.

br

Leon@rdo
2012-03-21, 01:26 AM
Wbbp Overload.. check the alarms

solution is to add the second Wbbp board

Br

agenov
2012-03-21, 01:58 AM
what exactly do you mean by processing board overload?

BR
Alex

Wbbp Overload.. check the alarms

solution is to add the second Wbbp board

Br

redernesto
2012-03-21, 06:59 AM
Actually we have this issue.

In our case the pattern of bad performance are when Wbbp with capacity 384 CE DL/UL.
Solution.

Replace board 1 Wbbp 384 DL/UL -> 3 board 128 DL/UL
processing in 1 card very high and show VS.RRC.Rej.RL.Fail

BR

sofianonline
2012-03-22, 01:09 PM
Please note that this counter will not count if CE congestion happened, CE congestion has different counter: VS.RRC.Rej.ULCE.Cong & VS.RRC.Rej.DLCE.Cong
Please check this counter if there is..
So no problem with CE and no need to add WBBP..
It should be from bad coverage/quality which RL failure timer expired..

pgr19
2012-03-23, 02:43 AM
well i have an experience with this one, may be you should check alarm first, it can be from board faulty like WMPT or BBU. in my experience, RLFail was increased after there is a CE upgrade, the execution team didnt follow the proper rule when changing the WBBP board, and impacted to WMPT then it is raise a WMPT fault. it is impacted to increase of RRCRejRLFail

redernesto
2012-03-23, 04:39 AM
Replace 1 card 384 by 3 Card 128 and comment result in this ISSUE is Huawei Bug in proccesing of WBBP.

BR

HSMan
2012-05-13, 05:36 PM
Hi, this counter is a very general which can be happened as explained by fellow experts above (T313, N313, N315, wbbp, etc). However i would suggest you would need to correlate to other counters to ensure which is the main cause of the problem (i.e.RRC.No.Reply). You may want to check the transmission related parts (congestion, link down, etc). Remember, checking the alarm is the first step in solving the issue.

nron3
2012-05-15, 02:07 AM
Hi, Does the RL.Fail higher than UuNoreply? Happen for both carries? Happen to the site or just some cell only?

Solution:
1. You may reset sites & Then monitor the stat.
2. Go to Node B to get MainBoard Log and open with prestar.
If not, you have to view the CPU/DSP Load (By LMT)in real time by check when is the high drop by hourly.

If CPU/DSP Load, the additional Wbbp card is needed.

Leon@rdo
2012-07-26, 09:31 PM
from my experience if no any UL CE happened but there are a lot of RL fail it means that the number of NBAP messages is too high. --> CPU Board overload.

paulus
2012-09-19, 09:52 PM
Hi Leo..

Do you have CNBAP for HBBU and EBBC in DBS3800?

Thanks alot
Paul

Leon@rdo
2012-10-17, 06:51 PM
no Sorry..

we are using DBS3900 (R12): 45 CNBAP with 1 Wbbp, 80 CNBAP with 2 Wbbp..

gprastomo
2012-10-18, 08:27 PM
Sometimes i found its due to wbb processor overload (CNBAP overload), so you need either to split wbb or add wbb.
Sometimes i found its due to iub capacity issue for ip node B, backbone ip, wasnt enough so it generate unavailability and generate this rl fail

winterfall
2012-11-17, 08:41 PM
R13:

1 HBBU = 80 CNBAP/s
2 HBBU = 100 CNBAP/s

kakayanu
2012-11-17, 08:44 PM
any document for your statement, Bro?

R13:

1 HBBU = 80 CNBAP/s
2 HBBU = 100 CNBAP/s

forbidden_lover
2012-11-17, 08:54 PM
how do you calculate CNBAP load? using what formula/meas?

Sometimes i found its due to wbb processor overload (CNBAP overload), so you need either to split wbb or add wbb.
Sometimes i found its due to iub capacity issue for ip node B, backbone ip, wasnt enough so it generate unavailability and generate this rl fail

kakayanu
2012-11-17, 08:57 PM
some using:
Hourly MAX CNBAP = 1.7*(VS.IUB.AttRLSetup + VS.IUB.AttRLAdd + VS.IUB.AttRLRecfg*2) /3600
with 70% of safety threshold.

while some others using:
Hourly MAX CNBAP = 2*(VS.IUB.AttRLSetup + VS.IUB.AttRLAdd + VS.IUB.AttRLRecfg*2) /3600
with 80% of safety threshold.

Can slot in UTRP card to improve the capability
1 WBBP - 60 CNBAP/s
2 WBBP - 120 CNBAP/s
3 WBBP - 170 CNBAP/s
4 WBBP - 170 CNBAP/s
3 WBBP + UTRP - 180 CNBAP/s
4 WBBP + UTRP - 240 CNBAP/s

how do you calculate CNBAP load? using what formula/meas?