PDA

View Full Version : Question Call reestablishment

Gashforing
2011-07-25, 02:36 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is maximum gain can be achieved by implementing call reestablishment in terms of drop rate ?

Thanks,

Panna
NSN RAN Engineer

gprastomo
2011-07-25, 03:24 PM
Hi,

For 3G case.
I cant say specific numbers/percentage, what is the improvement of implementing Call Reestablishment.
Anyway, implementing this call reestablishment will allow the Ue to maintain the connection when the radio link failure is happening, lost of synch, etc. By sending the cell update (rl failure) then the call reestablishment will happen instead of drop call. So the Drop call will be reduced and the number of call reest will increase.

But please be aware of some old handset which doesnt support this feature. And sometimes it will generate the mute call, since this process need some signalling message which may interrupt the speech.

br

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is maximum gain can be achieved by implementing call reestablishment in terms of drop rate ?

Thanks,

Panna
NSN RAN Engineer

tareq1010
2011-07-28, 06:41 AM
we implemented the call reestablishment in our netowrk and the call drop rate reduced from 0.35% to 0.25%.

Gashforing
2011-07-28, 05:41 PM
Hi Tareq,

what is the reestablishment success rate in your network.

jan74
2011-07-29, 04:56 PM
We managed to cut our Voice Dropped Call Rate by over 40% by enabling RRC Re-establishment.