PDA

View Full Version : UtranCell_NbapReconfigurationFailure

milan_recj
2011-07-23, 01:38 PM
I am getting UtranCell_NbapReconfigurationFailure (edw:/alex?AC=LINK&ID=1005&FN=203_1543-AXD10503_1Uen.A.html&PA=Utrancell_Nbap&SS=DATABASE&ST=FullText) alarm in RNC for one of my Node-B.
I have referred Alex library and maximumTransmisionPower is within the range.
How to rectify the alarm. Pls suggest.

imran5911
2011-07-24, 04:58 AM
Can you check whether the RRU are unlocked and enabled in the RNC.?

milan_recj
2011-07-24, 11:58 AM
RRU are unlocked and enabled in RNC. Site is radiating and working.

electron
2011-07-24, 05:54 PM
RRU are unlocked and enabled in RNC. Site is radiating and working.

Restart the site and observe

milan_recj
2011-07-24, 07:27 PM
Restart the site and observe

Restarted but still alarm is there.

electron
2011-07-24, 08:14 PM
Use cabex and see how boards status are. Are their status is OK?

Then check maxTotalOutputPower (RBS level), and maxDlPowerCapability (RBS Level) and maximumTransmissionPower (RNC Level)

Based on your RBS type are they consistent?

milan_recj
2011-07-26, 06:01 PM
Thanks. It's solved now.

chrisnling
2011-08-27, 11:43 AM
more detail pls,how you sovle it ?

milan_recj
2011-08-27, 11:48 AM
There was fluctuation in one of the PCM links to the site. I thoroughly checked the error status of each one of them and detected the faulty one.

parshav
2011-09-01, 02:56 PM
Hi milan,

Ur site is ATM or Ip Pls tell me because I face the same problem in my region too. And also tell me which moshell commands are use to see fluctuation in both ATM and IP sites.???? Tell me the counter name as well...

milan_recj
2011-09-01, 03:10 PM
My sites are ATM based.
For checking the error in the E1, document is already uploaded in forum. Kindly search.

parshav
2011-09-01, 04:48 PM
Do u know how to check media error in Ip sites through moshell???

jinlifen1987
2011-09-01, 11:26 PM
UtranCell_NbapReconfigurationFailure (edw:/alex?AC=LINK&ID=1005&FN=203_1543-AXD10503_1Uen.A.html&PA=Utrancell_Nbap&SS=DATABASE&ST=FullText) as alex say it's RBS' HW fault, but till now i haven't saw sunch contions yet ,did any one solve such before? say some detail about it pls,thanks:D
i have saw parameter setting disconsistent as cause.

esoestemp
2011-12-08, 01:45 AM
Hi electron,
Concerning this your post:

Use cabex and see how boards status are. Are their status is OK?

Then check maxTotalOutputPower (RBS level), and maxDlPowerCapability (RBS Level) and maximumTransmissionPower (RNC Level)

Based on your RBS type are they consistent?

My question is: which have to be relations between these parameters or they have to be equal?

Angel
2011-12-09, 02:33 AM
Hi everyone. I too had this problem a while ago, it turn out to be just a misconfiguration of maximumTransmissionPower. Normally I set this parameter to a value of 430 but when the second carrier was integrated it was done so with default values (in my case 400 for maximumTransmissionPower) and the alarm comes up if there are different values of that parameter within the same RBS.
As soon as I changed 400 in all 3 2nd carrier sectors to 430 the alarm went away.

esoestemp
2011-12-09, 11:35 PM
Hi,

I have the same problems with one NodeB.
For maxTotalOutputPower I have following on NodeB level:

111209-14:04:16 10.204.116.223 8.0u RBS_NODE_MODEL_M_1_43 stopfile=/tmp/11283
=================================================================================================================
MO Attribute Value
=================================================================================================================
RbsSubrack=RUW1,RbsSlot=3,AuxPlugInUnit=RUW-1,DeviceGroup=RUW,TpaDeviceSet=1,TpaDevice=1 maxTotalOutputPower -1
RbsSubrack=RUW1,RbsSlot=7,AuxPlugInUnit=RUW-1,DeviceGroup=RUW,TpaDeviceSet=1,TpaDevice=1 maxTotalOutputPower -1
RbsSubrack=RUW1,RbsSlot=11,AuxPlugInUnit=RUW-1,DeviceGroup=RUW,TpaDeviceSet=1,TpaDevice=1 maxTotalOutputPower -1

I tried to set to 40 for RbsSlot=3(before that I locked the node) and then restarted the Node, but the problem still exists - value of maxTotalOutputPower went back to -1.

Other parameters are:
maxTransmissionPower=450
maxDlPowerCapability=414

Can anyone help with the issue?

byron
2012-01-06, 07:42 AM
Hi esoestemp,

As we all know the maxDlPowerCapability has to be less than maximumtransmissionpower. normally the maxtotaloutput power is set to 60, but you must ensure that you have the adequate licenses enabled.

use command : get . 60w
if you have this license then you can set the maxtotaloutput power to 60.
MO Attribute Value
NodeBFunction=1 licenseCapacityNum60WPowerAmplifiers 4
NodeBFunction=1 licenseStateNum60WPowerAmplifiers 1 (ENABLED)
================================================================================================

use the command lset . maxTotalOutputPower 60 to set this value. NodeB must be locked/disabled in order to execute this command. Another solution to your problem is a cold restart on the node.

esoestemp
2012-01-06, 06:56 PM
Thank you for the explanation byron.
Of course, I tried "Cold restart with test " - but it does not help.
So, also the question is if this alarm only appear due to wrong setting of mentioned power parameters or there is also other issues - for example transmission reconfiguration?

byron
2012-01-07, 04:13 AM
Most of the transmission related issues are Quality of Service alarms and in some cases you will have Communications alarms of type NTP Server Reachability Fault etc. The alarm type that you are experiencing can be classified under Communications alarm and I believe is mainly due to wrong setting of power parameters. However, that does not rule out the possibility of incorrect o erroneous Transmission Configuration, check your RSTP / MSTP settings, speak to the individuals working with the Transmission/Transport section of the Node and verify that the node is free of alarms and high BER.

Cheers,
Byron

mr_karko
2012-01-31, 12:55 AM
Hi esoestemp,

As we all know the maxDlPowerCapability has to be less than maximumtransmissionpower. normally the maxtotaloutput power is set to 60, but you must ensure that you have the adequate licenses enabled.

use command : get . 60w
if you have this license then you can set the maxtotaloutput power to 60.
MO Attribute Value
NodeBFunction=1 licenseCapacityNum60WPowerAmplifiers 4
NodeBFunction=1 licenseStateNum60WPowerAmplifiers 1 (ENABLED)
================================================================================================

use the command lset . maxTotalOutputPower 60 to set this value. NodeB must be locked/disabled in order to execute this command. Another solution to your problem is a cold restart on the node.

thanks for this..
i need this too..

topoffenders
2012-03-21, 04:35 AM
transmit_power = min(maxDlPowerCapability,maximumtransmissionpower)
which one is less, than that is what the RBS used.