PDA

View Full Version : RB reconfiguration complete message

Gauiver
2011-07-21, 08:25 PM
Hi,
May someone confirm if there is a RB reconfiguration complete message for transition from FACH to Cell PCH or DCH to cell PCH.
R.
Gauiver

agenov
2011-07-21, 08:49 PM
Hi,
May someone confirm if there is a RB reconfiguration complete message for transition from FACH to Cell PCH or DCH to cell PCH.
R.
Gauiver

For Fach to PCH for sure. Still i've never seen DCH to PCH reconfiguration but probably there should be as well.

BR

Gauiver
2011-07-21, 09:15 PM
Hi agenov,

As per 3GPP there are multiple options for transition from DCH to Cell PCH through various signaling messages e.g.

PHYSICAL CHANNEL RECONFIGURATION,
RADIO BEARER RECONFIGURATION, RADIO BEARER RELEASE, RADIO BEARER SETUP, TRANSPORT
CHANNEL RECONFIGURATION, etc.

(like you enabled direct transition from DCH to Cell PCH)

agenov
2011-07-21, 09:32 PM
Hi agenov,

As per 3GPP there are multiple options for transition from DCH to Cell PCH through various signaling messages e.g.

PHYSICAL CHANNEL RECONFIGURATION,
RADIO BEARER RECONFIGURATION, RADIO BEARER RELEASE, RADIO BEARER SETUP, TRANSPORT
CHANNEL RECONFIGURATION, etc.

(like you enabled direct transition from DCH to Cell PCH)

Correct. I suppose that Huawei will use DCH->PCH the same message flow as for the others i.e RB reconfiguration message. I think that Huawei don't support DCH to PCH direct transition currently (everything goes via FACH) but i am not 100%, if someone else have more expirience please to share...

BR
Alex

boring
2011-07-21, 09:46 PM
Hi

practically all vendors these days use RADIO BEARER RECONFIGURATION for state transitions (e.g. CELL_DCH <-> CELL_FACH)

now, although supported by 3GPP, Huwaei actually does not support directly from CELL_DCH to CELL_PCH, but always the UE has to go first to CELL_FACH

the supervising timer for this transition is BeF2PStateTransTimer (assuming complete inactivity of course)

thx

Gauiver
2011-07-21, 09:53 PM
Hi

practically all vendors these days use RADIO BEARER RECONFIGURATION for state transitions (e.g. CELL_DCH <-> CELL_FACH)

now, although supported by 3GPP, Huwaei actually does not support directly from CELL_DCH to CELL_PCH, but always the UE has to go first to CELL_FACH

the supervising timer for this transition is BeF2PStateTransTimer (assuming complete inactivity of course)

thx

So in Huawei does the transition from FACH to Cell PCH, does the Ue respond with RB Reconfiguration complete message?
May you please share the signaling for this scenario.

R.
Gauiver

boring
2011-07-21, 10:14 PM
So in Huawei does the transition from FACH to Cell PCH, does the Ue respond with RB Reconfiguration complete message?
May you please share the signaling for this scenario.

R.
Gauiver

the response message actually depends on UE vendor implementation (i.e. not Huawei which is the RNC vendor). but typically it responds with the corresponding message for example if Huawei is using RB reconfiguration, it sends RB reconfig complete