PDA

View Full Version : Question Different between Rx_level sub and Rx_level full

wsoong
2011-07-19, 11:04 AM
Hi All,

May i know anybody can explain what is the different between Rx_level full and Rx_level sub?

:) Please help.

Regards,
wsoong

Philippe
2011-07-19, 11:33 AM
They are different in case of DTX (Discontinuous Transmission):

The FULL values are based on all frames on the SACCH multiframe,
even if nothing is transmitted on the TCH due to DTX.

The SUB values are based on the mandatory (always transmitted) SACCH frames on the SACCH multiframe.
So in case of DTX, the RXlLev sub is higher than the RxLev Full (e.g. RxLev Full = -95dBm and RxLev Sub is -55dBm).

rffreeconsult
2011-07-19, 02:53 PM
RxLevFull is used when there is no Frequency Hopping activated. When this feature is utilized, it is RxLevSub that needs to be observed and used for analysis.
Please kindly add to the reputation if you like the answer.

leteo
2011-07-19, 03:08 PM

The SUB values are based on the mandatory (always transmitted) SACCH frames on the SACCH multiframe.

So in case of DTX, the RXlLev sub is higher than the RxLev Full (e.g. RxLev Full = -95dBm and RxLev Sub is -55dBm).

Right answer, guy :p

leteo
2011-07-19, 03:11 PM
RxLevFull is used when there is no Frequency Hopping activated. When this feature is utilized, it is RxLevSub that needs to be observed and used for analysis.

You sure with your answer ? plz provide with ref source.

captain_jejemon
2011-07-19, 03:34 PM
Please read attached file for answer.

plz dont hesitate to give thanks and reputation.

captain

tukz_27
2011-07-19, 11:18 PM

Well said Sir.. continue sharing facts to others.

wsoong
2011-07-19, 11:19 PM
Hi,

I had one more question.

If i am in idle mode, may i know which value should i refer to in order to get the idle rx_level?
rx_level full or rx_level sub? Because in NEMO i found that in idle mode i am having both reading.

Kindly advice. :)

pathloss
2011-07-20, 01:42 AM
I guess this is the first time i hear this and I'm pretty sure you are wrong! As I do not observe differences between RxLev (FULL) and RxLev (Sub) with hopping enabled!

In fact it's like this:
RxLev (Full) = No DTX enabled!
RxLev (Sub) = DTX enabled!

Regards,

adewijaya
2011-07-20, 01:50 AM
I guess this is the first time i hear this and I'm pretty sure you are wrong! As I do not observe differences between RxLev (FULL) and RxLev (Sub) with hopping enabled!

In fact it's like this:

Regards,

as Pathloss said is the correct one :D

boring
2011-07-20, 01:59 AM

In fact it's like this:

Regards,

fully agree as well. this has nothing to do with frequency hopping

boring
2011-07-20, 02:15 AM
Hi,

I had one more question.

If i am in idle mode, may i know which value should i refer to in order to get the idle rx_level?
rx_level full or rx_level sub? Because in NEMO i found that in idle mode i am having both reading.

Kindly advice. :)

statistically speaking it does not make any difference. while in idle mode the UE measures the BCCH carrier FULL (i.e. all the time) or SUB (i.e. only at the appropriate instances). since there is no DTX, both measures on average will show the same behaviour. (of course this means that hardly two measurements are equal!)

I tend to use the SUB because it is valid both in idle and in connected modes

hope this helps

saeedieng
2011-07-20, 02:06 PM
Dear Friend

I havent permission to download this post. Would you please directly mail it to saeedieng@yahoo.com?
Your kind help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Alphonso
2011-08-16, 09:39 PM
Can you please mail these files to my address asawyer@comium.com.lr. (asawyer@comium.com.lr.) I. cannot download it.Thanks.