PDA

View Full Version : Need Advise please

taki
2011-07-19, 03:30 AM
Dear Gent's

Actually I'm working as NSN 3G/2G Optimization Senior Engineer and I get an offer to work as ZTE 3G Optimization senior engineer. So advise should I accept the offer from ZTE or should I stay with NSN. Note that the salary is the same
but what i need is which is better NSN or ZTE in 3G in present and near future
Thanks for advise

student21
2011-07-19, 04:01 AM
mate,
the issue depends on your location, or better, where you want to work...
i guess that in SE Asia, ZTE and Huawei have an advantage....
In Europe, NSN has a strong market. Huawei has started to enter also in Europe though... ZTE has some trials in France, as I remember...

anyway, a difference (in positive, of course) money-wise has to be anyway, in order for you to change. that's my humble opinion.

cheers,
d

tremalnike
2011-07-19, 04:23 AM
Soon Chinese equipment will be number one. The haughtily top vendors - E/// and NSN will be at tail. They keep high prices, but quality goes down generation after generation...
So don't be a slave to brand, just take in account your interest (location , salary and etc.)

Best Regards !
I wish you success !

harrypotter
2011-07-19, 04:23 AM
I suggest stay with NSN. Its more prestigious and you will get better impression when you apply anywhere.

Processor
2011-07-19, 04:25 AM
I advise you stay with NSN because ZTE is still somewhat a new entrant

adewijaya
2011-07-19, 07:22 AM
stay away to NSN, ZTE is rather not good but for Huawei i think you can accepted ;)

leteo
2011-07-19, 10:00 AM
Soon Chinese equipment will be number one. The haughtily top vendors - E/// and NSN will be at tail. They keep high prices, but quality goes down generation after generation...
So don't be a slave to brand, just take in account your interest (location , salary and etc.)

Best Regards !
I wish you success !

You are chinese man ?
E & Nokia are far better than Huawei & ZTE.
Guy, you must stay with Nokia. :hug:

scorpion
2011-07-19, 12:14 PM
No need to be Loyal to any brand. Because they wont.

So today in NSN , tmrw in ZTE day after tmrw in HUAWEI. Enjoy the life and get your career evolved further. NSN/E/// are never going to pay you any pension.

E/// already chosen their path to HARAKIRI.
NSN is just behind them...

Now its just Operators who are being controlled by Europeon economy making them to go for NSN / E///. Once China's economy becomes more stronger, you will see that US president will use a HUAWEI PHONE.

No worries where you work what you do......just keep your eye on target Where and How you want to be...

_lisi4king
2011-07-19, 12:42 PM
I suggest you start to work on ZTE. I'v already worked 2 years with ZTE engeneers and don't see anyone who has even basic knowledge about 3G. You will be the first i guess ;)

taki
2011-07-20, 01:22 AM
Hi Gent's

Thanks a lot for your time and advise.

Many thanks to all.

BR

Irna
2011-07-20, 03:04 AM
i read very interesting discussion, thanks god i didn't jump on wrong way

adewijaya
2011-07-20, 04:05 AM
yes, to learn on backward technology more simplier than beyond technology. Basicly to learn all about IP is very urgent now ;)

tremalnike
2011-07-20, 05:23 AM
You are chinese man ?

No friend, I'm not Chinese :)
But my friends works with NSN equipment and tell me that NSN works unstable with more faults in comparison with old generation Siemens equipment. For example Huawei is cheaper and works well :)
For ZTE i don't have any impressions

harrypotter
2011-07-20, 01:20 PM
You are chinese man ?

Yes I agree... E// and NSN is way better than Huawei and ZTE. NSN, E// and ALU is the best so far... :p

miladsafa_ir
2011-07-20, 01:40 PM
Recently, One of my friends from India told me about new restriction rules for Chinese equipments in India.
I searched the web and find this link (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_20/b4178036082613.htm).

He also told me that the main reason is some type of spyware in ZTE transmission equipments.

I also talked to one of my friend in Orange and he approved the problem and told me that Europe is concerned about security issue of ZTE and Huawei products too.

Is there anyone have more news about this issue?

adewijaya
2011-07-20, 01:49 PM
Yes, this issue already heard on previuos month ago about security problem, but c'mon guys at know is Huawei time. On every single country doing swap to become Huawei equipment. Equipment is not so bad and their services not very expensive. All Operators make resionable value because of legacy business (voice and text) will be decline more and more so the escape point is to make lower TCO (total cost operational). Wake up guys all operators in the world become "dump pipe" at know. All revenue stream on IT Application (on top layer application) so WAKE UP :D to realize that. Be ready to Beyond TELCO !

harrypotter
2011-07-20, 05:02 PM
Recently, One of my friends from India told me about new restriction rules for Chinese equipments in India.
I searched the web and find this link (http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_20/b4178036082613.htm).

He also told me that the main reason is some type of spyware in ZTE transmission equipments.

I also talked to one of my friend in Orange and he approved the problem and told me that Europe is concerned about security issue of ZTE and Huawei products too.

Is there anyone have more news about this issue?

Yes security issue is the problem with Chinese product. They dont past the strict regulation of FCC and European standard security. I dont how true that Huawei was reverse engineered NSN... maybe thats the reason why its cheap because they copied... just heard and not sure if true.