PDA

View Full Version : Question 1 PDTCH on HUAWEI GPRS Technology

adewijaya
2011-07-18, 03:29 PM
to All Member.,

Need your help regarding the issue below. is it possible for Huawei equipment to get lesser number of PDTCH and still achieve similar rate. Because Huawei configuration is different from NSN, NSN needs 4 timeslot to reach MCS-9 but Huawei 1 PDTCH can reach MCS-9. Does anyone know about this ?

1. " Huawei 1 PDTCH can reach MCS-9" , is that true? Please share your document or experience

2. What is your propose to maintain 2G data traffic offered for plan since in 1 cell BTS Huawei can only set to maximum 48 PDCH? is that true only max 48 PDTCH can created on Huawei 2G?

sesunguts
2011-07-18, 06:19 PM
I think you want to refer to BSC PCU capacity requirement? What I understand that it was standard for 1 PDCH timeslot to get up to MCS9 regardless of vendor.
Only PCU capacity/ board type that may require different capabilities to process CS2 up to MCS9 for each vendor.

adewijaya
2011-07-18, 06:26 PM
still not got your point, anyone please?

sesunguts
2011-07-18, 07:22 PM
My point is as below. This is standard EDGE capabilities regardless of vendors.

Scheme; Modulation; Data Rate kbps
MCS-9; 8-PSK; 59.2
MCS-8; 8-PSK; 54.4
MCS-7; 8-PSK; 44.8
MCS-6; 8-PSK; 29.6
MCS-5; 8-PSK; 22.4
MCS-4; GMSK; 17.6
MCS-3; GMSK; 14.8
MCS-2; GMSK; 11.2
MCS-1; GMSK; 8.8

All rate above is per GSM Radio time slot. if you have 1 TS configured as EPDCH ,than you only get 59 kbps, and if 2 TS then you get 59x2 and so on.

Normally, capacity of PDCH is related to BSC PCU card. Sample for Alcatel GPU card capabilites as below.

Scheme; Max PDCH per GPU Card
MCS-9; 104
MCS-8; 112
MCS-7; 132
MCS-6; 164
MCS-5; 180
MCS-4; 196
MCS-3; 208
MCS-2; 212
MCS-1; 224

As for Huawei BSC, the capacity for GPRS/EDGE is control by DPUd card. It can process the PS services on up to 1,024 simultaneous active PDCH in MCS-9

To add more BSC capacity to support more EDGE timeslot, then each PCU card need to expand.

adewijaya
2011-07-18, 07:27 PM
so,

1. one PDTCH can handle MCS-9 depend on PCU and Radio Environment

2. how about processor on MBSC, i heard why is max 48 PDTCH not only depend on DPUd card but some hardware problem on their PCU microprocessor, is it true?

sesunguts
2011-07-18, 07:45 PM
so,

1. one PDTCH can handle MCS-9 depend on PCU and Radio Environment

2. how about processor on MBSC, i heard why is max 48 PDTCH not only depend on DPUd card but some hardware problem on their PCU microprocessor, is it true?

For number 1 is correct. It is similar to 3G whereby with 15 HS code you get different throughput based on modulation and related to radio environment.

For number 2, not encounter the problem yet. Will update if the problem occur in our network. In our case, Huawei is not so transparent with their limitation. need to ask and check around and based on experience to find a fault.

For number 2 also, need to check Gb capacity, and related license that been load in BSC that may contribute to EDGE capacity limitation.

RF engineer
2011-07-19, 03:06 AM
to All Member.,

Need your help regarding the issue below. is it possible for Huawei equipment to get lesser number of PDTCH and still achieve similar rate. Because Huawei configuration is different from NSN, NSN needs 4 timeslot to reach MCS-9 but Huawei 1 PDTCH can reach MCS-9. Does anyone know about this ?

1. " Huawei 1 PDTCH can reach MCS-9" , is that true? Please share your document or experience

2. What is your propose to maintain 2G data traffic offered for plan since in 1 cell BTS Huawei can only set to maximum 48 PDCH? is that true only max 48 PDTCH can created on Huawei 2G?

you can reach this per one Ts if dimension is proper , one important thing is that just what ever you did in RF side if other not correctly configured u never reach the point.

Theoretically every thing can be said but what is reality , as data is the same as voice need proper dimension ,low interference and low voice traffic so that have enough source for PS( if allocating dynamic PDCH) and on Abis also is very important what ever you did in BTS but no source on TR u are in problem normally 1 PDCH need 3 idle subslot on Abis(16 kbps) to cover MSC9.

BR

adewijaya
2011-07-19, 11:30 PM
is there any document about this? to dimensioning or capablelity handling?

RF engineer
2011-07-20, 03:20 PM
is there any document about this? to dimensioning or capablelity handling?

Check the attach for the calculation for site confgiured with 4/4/4 and if you want to configure 1 PDCH( static) and 2 PDCH as (dynamaic). and second table is the calculation for all the TRX configuration in term of E1 required to support high MCS.

BR

badpid
2011-07-27, 12:13 AM
Check the attach for the calculation for site confgiured with 4/4/4 and if you want to configure 1 PDCH( static) and 2 PDCH as (dynamaic). and second table is the calculation for all the TRX configuration in term of E1 required to support high MCS.

BR

additional question if possible:p
E/GPRS supporting for more than one user on one channel PDTCH.
Question :
#how to get high throughput with condition above (e.g CS4 or MCS9) ?
#Is Idle TS have influence on this?

RF engineer
2011-07-27, 01:54 PM
additional question if possible:p
E/GPRS supporting for more than one user on one channel PDTCH.
Question :
#how to get high throughput with condition above (e.g CS4 or MCS9) ?
#Is Idle TS have influence on this?

For high throughput need good C/I less users.
For Idle TS of course has big effect.

BR

Egor_Serdtsev
2011-10-10, 08:26 AM
For high throughput need good C/I less users.
For Idle TS of course has big effect.
BR

Hi, all. Do you foget such parametrs, as Downlink multiplexing threshold? Usualy default value is 8, try to reduce this value (for an example to 4), and does not foget increase Max PDCH ration in cell. Adjusting this parameters can increase throughput. Dear experts, If I'am not right, please correct me.

beniy
2012-01-19, 06:34 AM
to All Member.,

Dear My friend,
I know what you want to know and I know where did you hear about 48 PDCH.

Every PDCH can get MCS9 if air interface was ok Abis resource was enough and GDPUP was enough.
but about 48!!!!!!!!
GDPUP is about PS resource.
It can handle 1024 PDCHs with MCS9 at same time.
Each GDPUP
has 22 DSP (Digital signal processor) (for PS service)
And each DSP can handle just 48 active PDCH.
If you have 2 cells in one DSP they can have 48 PDCHs together at same time.

And if you have more their share will be decrease.

If you have any question about PS come to my page for ASAP answer ;-)

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?9094-GPRS-and-Edge-optimization

Thanks and re if it was useful

BR,
Beniy.