PDA

View Full Version : How Do I get into the Mobile Field?

yaseenar
2011-07-15, 07:00 PM
Dear all!

I have done Masters in Engineering specializing in Communication Systems after graduating B.tech in Electronics and Communications.

I am presently working temporarily for Araab United Telecom, Kuwait as Technical Solution Engineer. Even though Araab United is a very small company, it is a subcontractor for the mobile operators in Kuwait and we work for them through E*******, Huawei and NSN. This is the main reason why I joined this company as I needed experience in the mobile field.

What happened was our company is the authorised dealer for certain products like structured cabling & fiber, enterprise backup storage, Wireless & IT products etc. They made me in charge of these products and I participate in various project requirements and tenders, I find a solution for their requirement and prepare price quotes etc.

My Company is not having any projects at the moment and they want me to do marketing for them by visiting IT managers and professionals with my company profile asking for projects.

Its been only 5 months in the present company and I am still on their visit visa. I do not want to take up this as a permanent job and I want to get into the mobile field. I requested several times in my present company but they say they have enough engineers in that division.

I have only 5 months experience and that too not in mobile field. I am willing to relocate to anywhere. I need to start my career in the mobile field, my CV is attached.

yaseenar
2011-07-15, 07:54 PM
Cliffs:

1. M.E Communications Systems, B.Tech ECE
2. 5 months exp as Technical Solution Engineer(Technical Sales/pre sales)
3. Now no projects and company wants me to do marketing
4. Want to get into Mobile field.. Help!

harrypotter
2011-07-16, 02:57 AM
why dont you just post your CV in text for everyone to read instead of wasting anyone credit TO DOWNLOAD who is interested in hiring you.

yaseenar
2011-07-16, 03:24 AM
why dont you just post your CV in text for everyone to read instead of wasting anyone credit TO DOWNLOAD who is interested in hiring you.
Yaseen AbdulRahiman

Current address:
C/o K.A. Abdul Rahiman,
Superintendent Engineer,
Fleet Engineering Group,
Kuwait Oil Tanker Company,
P.O Box 810 Safat
Code 13009 Kuwait

E-mail:
yaseenar@hotmail.com
yaseenar1@gmail.com

Mobile no:
+965-99945331

Permanent address:
‘Tharunya’
Royal Avenue
P.O.Thrissur city
Thrissur-680020
Kerala
Phone:
+91-4872332215(Res)
+965-99830517

Objective
To take up a highly challenging job that will pave the path to be instrumental in bringing up the organization’s upliftment and my self-development. Blessed with a never-say-die attitude, I am confident that my perseverance, determination and sincerity will be mortared to the said task thus contributing to the work-atmosphere, as a whole.

Experience

Technical Solution Engineer,
Araab United Telecom,
Kuwait. (February 2011 to Present)

Job Functions
Took part (in partnership with SOL Group) as Project Manager Networks in Information Technology Infrastructure Transformation Tender for the Chest Diseases Hospital, Kuwait by Montreal Medical Institute, Canada. Provided Technical Solution for Wired (Fiber and CAT 6A+ solutions), Wireless Solution, IP telephony, Data Center, Access, Distribution and Core Switches, Antivirus Solution and Enterprise Storage Solution.

Took part as Project Head and won the Fiber Backbone Project for Al Sedeeq NHC by AL ESSA Co.

In Charge of SCube SAN training, HCL Infosystems and Escan AntiVirus in Kuwait.

Conducted a trial run for Nokia Siemens Networks/MOC FTTH project.

Education
M.E in Communication Systems(2008-10)
College of Engineering Guindy,
Anna University(Main Campus),
Guindy,
Chennai.
GPA: 6.5/10

B.tech in Electronics and Communication(2003-07)
Amity School of Engineering ,
Amity University
Noida
Uttar Pradesh
GPA: 6.45/10.0

AISSCE percentage(2003) –72.6%
Chinmaya Vidhyalaya,
Kolazhy,
Thrissur,
Kerala.

AISSE percentage(2001) – 87.6%
F.A.I.P.S,
Ahmadi,
Kuwait.

Computer
Skills
Operating Systems: -
Windows, Linux, Android, Leopard, Lion

Languages: -
 C/C++,Java
PROJECT B.Tech:
OFDM(For Future Broadband Wireless Communications):-
We simulated OFDM in MATLAB and made use of the system for transmission of data from one Computer to another, both connected to each other using wires.

M.E:
Interworking of Wimax and 3G Networks for SIP-Based IMS Session Establishment.

Areas of Interest

Wireless Communications, GSM, CDMA, 3G, or Future generations like 4G

Language Skills

Fluent in English, Hindi, Malayalam

Trainings and Certifications
JOURNEY FROM A CAMPUS FREAK TO A 'QUALITY' DEVELOPER. PHILIPS INNOVATION CAMPUS, Jul 2006 - Aug 2006
 TYPICAL BUSINESS CREATION PROCESS OF PHILIPS(E.G CE 'SPEED')
 SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE @ PIC, PLAN-DO-CHECK-ACT(PDCA) IN PIC
 OVERVIEW OF PBE, CMMI AND ISO 9001:2000.
REFERENCE: SAFEER I (PROJECT GUIDE), PROGRAM MANAGER-PROCESS IMPROVEMENT, BUSINESS EXCELLENCE & QUALITY MANAGEMENT, PHILIPS INNOVATION CAMPUS, NO.1, MURPHY ROAD, ULSOOR, BANGALORE-560008, INDIA.
PHONE:0091-9900214067 EMAIL: safeer.i@philips.com
Technical Training Programme in Power Division. SIEMENS KUWAIT, Jul 2005 - Aug 2005
 Overview of Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Control System
 PLC using SIEMENS LOGO!Soft Comfort 4.0
 PROJECT on Traffic Control using ANALOG FORCE SENSORS
 Visits to Jahara Hospital, Al Nasser Sports Club and the Ministry of Health to study SIEMENS HiPATH 4000 and HiPATH3000
 Visit to the Surra Telephone Exchange
Technical Training Programme in Communication Division, SIEMENS KUWAIT, 9th July to 8th August 2005
REFERENCE: DEVADATHAN C G, POWER SYSTEM ENGG. DEPT., SIEMENS KUWAIT. PHONE:-00965-4913666 MOBILE:-00965-66488124
EMAIL: devadathan.chirayath@siemens.com

Activities & Awards
 Active member of cultural activities in college – (2003-2007)
 Head Coordinator of ACT-04
 Second Place in District Level Basketball Tournament as School team Captain
 Played 2 years in Amity School of Engineering College Team.
 Placement Representative for M.E Communication Systems at Anna University.

2011-07-28, 06:33 PM
i have noticed middle eastern companies are very keen to know about your experiences.. and most of them want atleast 5-6 years!!

how does anyone start there is beyond my understanding