PDA

View Full Version : Very Early Assignment

kyokuman
2011-07-12, 04:03 PM
Hi,

Some of you already used Very Early Assignment?

I have high Location updates after SWAP, because new LAC is created on swapped sites (Siemens to Huawei).

I am thinking that I can live with SD congestion if it concern LA updates only -> MSs will succeed soon or later.

However, I want to avoid blocking on MOC and MTC. For that, I would like to use Very Early Assignment.

Any experience to be shared here? What do you advise me?

:)Thanks a lot ! :)

Irna
2011-07-12, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I have high Location updates after SWAP, because new LAC is created on swapped sites (Siemens to Huawei).

I am thinking that I can live with SD congestion if it concern LA updates only -> MSs will succeed soon or later.

However, I want to avoid blocking on MOC and MTC. For that, I would like to use Very Early Assignment.

this is for speed up call setup time then increasing call success rate but remember maybe some cases make some problem with connect no voice

kyokuman
2011-07-12, 04:17 PM
Thanks!

However, here are clarifications about what I need to know :

1. Does it work with MTC, or MOC only? What about sms, imsi attach/detach...

2. Anybody is using it, and please share your experience.

3. Can it solve call blocking if I have SDCCH busy due to high LA updates?

4. Any other proposition to avoid bad user perception at LAC borders?

Thanks again

RF engineer
2011-07-12, 06:08 PM
Hi,

Now what is your assignment ?

BR

kyokuman
2011-07-12, 09:37 PM
Now I use what everybody uses. I think it is Early assignment.

Any info about Very Early assignment?

adewijaya
2011-07-12, 11:23 PM
Both in MTC and MOC

Mobile-Originating Call (MOC) establishment : Very Early Assignment could take The network makes an immediate assignment to the TCH+FACCH in the initial RR establishment and performs the entire transaction on the FACCH. The SDCCH is not used. Because immediate assignment starts the FACCH in a signaling-only mode, the network must send the RR Channel Mode Modify message at some point to enable the TCH part of the channel.

Mobile-Terminating Call (MTC) establishment : As in the MOC, the TCH+FACCH assignment can happen at any time, with the three common techniques being early, late and very early assignment
Measurement Point of Successful TCH Seizures Measurement point of

Successful TCH seizures Upon BSC’s reception of CHANNEL ACTIVATION ACKNOWLEDGE message from BTS in very early assignment TCH process. In the case the target cell of directed retry is located in other BSC and directed retry succeeds, MSC sends CLEAR COMMAND message to the originating BSC to release the original connection. This item is measured when the originating BSC receives this message. In the case the directed retry target cell is located in the same BSC and the directed retry succeeds, target cell sends Inter Clear Request message to the source cell to request to release the resource and the original connection. This item is measured when the source cell receives this message.

Improving Successful TCH Seizure – Very early assignment process MS BTS BSC MSC Channel Request (RACH) Channel Required Channel Activation (TCH or SDCCH) Channel Activation Acknowledge Immediate Assignment Command Immediate Assignment

RF engineer
2011-07-13, 03:21 AM
Now I use what everybody uses. I think it is Early assignment.

Any info about Very Early assignment?

No some one use very early assignment :D

check the doc hope help u

BR

adewijaya
2011-07-13, 06:56 AM
No some one use very early assignment :D

check the doc hope help u

BR

did you have on .ppt file? the information not completed after creating to .pdf file. So what's the conclusion? roll out or not? From some overview this feature avoid tch seizure that make blocking site ;)

RF engineer
2011-07-13, 01:48 PM
did you have on .ppt file? the information not completed after creating to .pdf file. So what's the conclusion? roll out or not? From some overview this feature avoid tch seizure that make blocking site ;)

Dear

Attach is the PPT for conclusion it depend you can have trial and see which one is better as different network have different traffic model.

BR