PDA

View Full Version : Net speed issue after IP migration

maddy_cooljack
2011-07-10, 10:18 PM
Hi All experts,

After ATM to IP migration of Node B net speed is very slow.
any suggestion!!!

adewijaya
2011-07-10, 10:47 PM
any clue my bro for this problem

1. How is you setting this? all migrate to IP Transmission or using Hybrid
2. How much bandwidth in your IP Trans?
3. User plane and Control plane on one physical transport?
4. How is parameter setting already checked?
5. Is there any alarm related?

maddy_cooljack
2011-07-11, 12:22 AM
Ans 1.Earlier it was integrated with 4 E1 & now it is on Native Ethernet.(Hybrid)
Ans 2.10.2 mbps is the current bandwidth defined
Ans 3.No
Ans 4. Need to check but other sites with similar config working super fine?

Wizeguy
2011-07-11, 12:31 AM
What transmission are you using for your back hauling, microwave, optical, etc or mix of all?

maddy_cooljack
2011-07-11, 01:00 AM
I am using mix of all
RNC-OFC-NEC microwave-TN 20P-ETU-Node B

Wizeguy
2011-07-11, 01:47 AM
When it comes to microwave I know it is common to do designs with over booking of the bandwidth and use QOS and policing etc.

If this is what you have in the network, it is possible that there are some miss configurations which might lead to unwanted reduced bandwidth.

There is also a scenario with TCP/IP traffic over transmission that might introduce latency that can give reduced throughput.

harrypotter
2011-07-11, 03:45 AM
Check your QoS policy on the ethernet, usually to save more bandwith use the 64 packet compression.

Wizeguy
2011-07-11, 04:39 AM
When it comes to microwave I know it is common to do designs with over booking of the bandwidth and use QOS and policing etc.

If this is what you have in the network, it is possible that there are some miss configurations which might lead to unwanted reduced bandwidth.

There is also a scenario with TCP/IP traffic over transmission that might introduce latency that can give reduced throughput.

Just to clarify something about the TCP/IP issue here; The way to handle this is by using adequate buffer sizes at the congestion points.

There will also be several settings regarding the QoS as HarryPotter mention.
Incorrect design and configuration will have negative impact on your transmission.

Wizeguy
2011-07-24, 05:52 AM
Just remembered from some other QOS setups I have seen.
One of the top 10 most common errors are.
p-bits have 7 as highest prio and 1 as lowest (0 considered as tagged not-prioritized).
Default setting in for instance E******* MINI-LINK TN, will do a remap of the p-bits. So I recommend setting user defined and 1-to-1.

Good luck and please updated us on the status.