PDA

View Full Version : Question Inter RNC HO via Iur

klystron
2011-07-08, 06:09 PM
Hi,

I am a Core Network Engineer. I trying to understand why there is a low success rate between RNC to RNC. Does anybody know if the RNC informs the MSC when it makes an inter RNC handover (relocation) via Iur interface? :confused:

jan74
2011-07-08, 08:15 PM
Hi,

I am a Core Network Engineer. I trying to understand why there is a low success rate between RNC to RNC. Does anybody know if the RNC informs the MSC when it makes an inter RNC handover (relocation) via Iur interface? :confused:

Im an RF engineer, not a core person but isn't the Iur between RNC to RNC? Not RNC to MSC...... Do you hvae Iur Congestion? There are lots of issues in Inter-RNC handovers. The UE is doing an SRNS relocation so you need to check those stats.

klystron
2011-07-08, 08:34 PM
Im an RF engineer, not a core person but isn't the Iur between RNC to RNC? Not RNC to MSC...... Do you hvae Iur Congestion? There are lots of issues in Inter-RNC handovers. The UE is doing an SRNS relocation so you need to check those stats.

Hi jan74,

Yes, Iur is RNC to RNC. I am concerned on the RANAP signalling part if the RNC informs MSC when it attempts to make an inter RNC to RNC handover via Iur. Unlike the HO (relocation) within the same RNC, the RNC reports to the MSC only for successful relocation (the same also for intra BSC HO).