PDA

View Full Version : Question UMTS test transmitter for indoor planning

forscherau
2011-07-08, 05:15 PM
does somebody know an handy(means protable) umts test transmitter, like Rhode&Schwarz TS-TX9 for GSM 900, GSM-R, GSM-E or TS-TX18 for GSM 1800? For indoor planning I'm looking for such a transmitter. What I want to do is, measure the coverage in buildings by an handy, e.g. with the nokia field test. in areas where I have no coverage, I would place that little transmitter with 3dBm CPICH power, and I would measure the coverage. somethimes this architects have installed to much concret walls or metalls. It woud be nice to have some transmitter. If somebody knows such a transmitter, let me know or if you use other methods, are also welcome. Just guess the attenuation of the walls or sealings is not exactly enough for me purpose. thanks.

indoor
2011-07-08, 06:06 PM
Andrew have a transmitter called iSend as part of their invex3G kit. See attached brochure. commscope.com

This is a rebadged transmitter from a company called DRTi see drti.com

Or if you want something cheaper there is a chinese company called Dragontech who do a WCDMA test transmitter. Web site is inbuildingprojects.com

amr.elgazzar
2011-07-28, 10:17 PM
Dear Sir
You can find the most cost affordable UMTS test transmitter while the best in accuracy in www.consultix-egypt.com (http://www.consultix-egypt.com)
Consultix has multi-band CW transmitters and receivers as well