PDA

View Full Version : tn dcn throuh mle

sems3m
2011-07-08, 04:32 AM
Dear Experts;

I have tn link in near end and the next hop in my route is ml-e and ml-tn in the last hop there is two sau ip in the middle hop
so any one give me exaample for routing and ospf and this photo describe

maddy_cooljack
2011-07-11, 01:56 AM
You can use MMU 2C at site where ML TN & ML E exist.
So next end will be visible.
If you have ML TN & ML E @ site A than add one MMU 2C in TN of Site A & remove IF cable of hop A-B & connect it to MMU 2C.
Thats all.

Wizeguy
2011-07-11, 04:56 AM
You can use MMU 2C at site where ML TN & ML E exist.
So next end will be visible.
If you have ML TN & ML E @ site A than add one MMU 2C in TN of Site A & remove IF cable of hop A-B & connect it to MMU 2C.
Thats all.

Just remember that MMU2C in QAM modulation mode will most likely not be supported by an older RAU installed with ML E.
Bu the idea is good, as an alternative for cosite of MINI-LINK E and TN it might be better solution to move the ML E RL-hop to an MMU2B (or MMU2C non QAM config).
Most likely same RAU (might need SW upgrade) , only changing indoor and will not need any SAU IP.

MMU2B and MMU2C in non QAM, will be hop compatible with ML E.
So it will possible to migrate one side at the time. Even the SC from MINI-LINK TN to the SAU IP are compatible.

I recommend reading the DCN guidelines for configuration.
It is hard to tell here if the picture shows all there is or if it is a part of a larger scenario. This will have impact on how to configure.

sems3m
2011-07-12, 07:48 AM
dears the hard ware scenario as shown in pic but there is aproblem with me the 20p magazine is the abr router and the 6p is the last of chain
from the first sau ip it can ping on 20p magazine and second sau ip cant ping on 20p magazine also the second sau ip can ping to first one and cant reach to the abr so is the problem from ospf area or what
thanks

sems3m
2011-07-12, 07:52 AM
the idea is how to make 6p magazine deliver its dcn through sau-ip to 20p magazine

Wizeguy
2011-07-12, 02:32 PM
dears the hard ware scenario as shown in pic but there is aproblem with me the 20p magazine is the abr router and the 6p is the last of chain
from the first sau ip it can ping on 20p magazine and second sau ip cant ping on 20p magazine also the second sau ip can ping to first one and cant reach to the abr so is the problem from ospf area or what
thanks

I think you would get a much simpler network by migrating the two ML-E to TN. But I guess you want the already installed equipment to work.

There are really several ways to solve this.
I will do my best to guide you without knowing how your IP-plan and network looks like.

First I wonder how your 20p can be an ABR for the SAU:s and the 6p,
since the first SAU IP and the 20P will most likely be on the same IP subnet.
They need to be in the same OSPF area as the 20P.
I take it that the 20p is in backbone area (Area 0).

My suggestion is to setup the SAU IP to be an ABR instead.
The PPP towards the remote SAU must then be configured as numbered.
Remote SAU IP and 6p will then have to be in another area.

Secondly I wonder if you have any ASBR in you network, that will distribute the deafult GW in the OSPF AS.
Else you will need to configure DFGW on every NE and thus you will not get
a good OSPF setup.

Think of each SAU and TN node to be a IP router with OSPF support.
Remember to always use the same subnet mask on the OSPF setting as the TN basic NE subnet/LAN IP-address.

Wizeguy
2011-07-24, 05:46 AM
I am curious to know whether or not this helped you sems3m.
Please give us some feedback as soon as you have found a solution to your problem.

sems3m
2011-07-26, 12:38 AM
no i still stand on this problem

Wizeguy
2011-07-26, 06:21 AM
Even after the changes suggested has been done?