PDA

View Full Version : Question Call Setup Time in CDMA 1x Network

khalids
2011-07-07, 07:00 AM
Hello Colleagues,

I would like to know what is the ideal threshold in setting up a call. Also what are the causes of long call setup time. And how can call setup time be optimized/improved.

I will appreciate every support I can get. Thanks in advance.

Khalids

T_ADD
2011-07-07, 10:46 AM
call setup should typically be max 3 seconds.

some of the things that can delay call setup are:

certain power control parameters if set incorrectly.
incorrect or wider than needed search window settings.
slot cycle index used
ach message size

call setup can be measured by the difference in the "Service Connect" and "Service Connect Completion" messages.

takeiteasy612
2011-07-07, 02:57 PM
HI
According to ITU-T E.771, the call set up time should be belowed 8.5 s regardless interRAT, InterMSC...
Call Setup time depend on many factors such as: the radio condition (UL/DL), the topology of your network, paging-related parameter, the synchronization...

bros
2011-07-07, 08:30 PM
What can been done to keep it below 8.5secs because there are situation where it can be more than 8.5secs even an interBSC calls and intraBSC

takeiteasy612
2011-07-07, 09:41 PM
HI Bros
There are many ways to improve the performance of call setup time but the most useful way is improve the radio quality in both DL and UL because it will reduce the number of retry call attempt (if MS have to make call attempt retry, it will take N200*T200 (s)).

khalids
2011-07-07, 10:03 PM
How those paging affect the call setup time, for calls within the same network.

T_ADD
2011-07-08, 06:17 AM
HI
According to ITU-T E.771, the call set up time should be belowed 8.5 s regardless interRAT, InterMSC...
Call Setup time depend on many factors such as: the radio condition (UL/DL), the topology of your network, paging-related parameter, the synchronization...

Hi, I'm attaching the E771 document. Could you please point out where it states 8.5s, I could not find it out. :) Thanks.

I would agree that the 1st thing to ensure is that the forward and reverse links are of good/reasonable quality and are balanced.