PDA

View Full Version : Question Huawei Parameter Related to LAC-RAC

adewijaya
2011-07-05, 10:06 PM
What is these parameter using for ? PlmnValTagMax and PlmnValTagMin
If i have plan to make one RAC (single RAC) in all our RNC, so what's should be changing parameter above?

qualcomm
2011-07-05, 11:20 PM
What is these parameter using for ? PlmnValTagMax and PlmnValTagMin
If i have plan to make one RAC (single RAC) in all our RNC, so what's should be changing parameter above?

PLMN Value Tag:

As an information element, the PLMN value tag is included in the Master Information Block (MIB) and System Information Block 1 (SIB1). The PLMN value tag in the MIB changes upon an SIB1 update. After detecting the change in the PLMN value tag, the UE automatically reads thenew SIB1.
When a UE moves between two neighboring cells that belong to different LAs or RAs, the UE needs to read the SIB1 of the destination cell to initiate the location update process, which requires that the two cells have different PLMN value tags.
Therefore, during network planning, different value ranges should be allocated to the PLMN value tags of any two geographically neighboring areas (including the case where one area is part of the other area). The two areas can be two LAs, two RAs, or one LA and one RA.
During parameter configuration, the PLMN value tags of different value ranges should be assigned to any neighboring areas after negotiation. There is no overlap between the value ranges. The area can be a LA or an RA. The PLMN value tags of LAs or RAs vary within the specified range. As a result, a UE can always read different PLMN value tags when moving across the areas and thus correctly reads the SIB1.
NOTE:
In practice, if a cell supports PS services, the PLMN value tag of the cell varies within the specified value range of the RA to which the cell belongs. If a cell does not support PS services, the PLMN value tag of the cell varies within the specified value range of the LA to which the cell belongs. Figure below, Example of planning the value ranges of PLMN value tags

https://picasaweb.google.com/104346839923199527301/Jul52011?authkey=Gv1sRgCITp4s_t-Y6MSQ#5625875257323239042

for more detail, see attached file.
br./.

adewijaya
2011-07-05, 11:37 PM
next question :

1. How to set this value PlmnValTagMax and PlmnValTagMin ?
with this condition : same RAC in all network (single RAC) but still have several LAC in the network. Any specific values for parameter above

2. Could we set several LAC but with one RAC for all RNC setting? what are the impacts?

3. what's big impact if i didn't setting on both parameter above? (its mean none or null value)

4. On your experience, what are more advantages if we deploy single RAC on all of RNC?

Thanks

adewijaya
2011-07-06, 07:57 AM
any idea for this, please?

sesunguts
2011-07-06, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure about the parameter setting, but in our network, we use only one RAC for nationwide regardless of LAC and vendors. Based on my understanding, RAC is subset of LAC, so it will always unique if your combined with LAC.

Irna
2011-07-06, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure about the parameter setting, but in our network, we use only one RAC for nationwide regardless of LAC and vendors. Based on my understanding, RAC is subset of LAC, so it will always unique if your combined with LAC.

what is do you mean? as state above one RAC for nationwide but unique if your combined with LAC, which one do you mean with single RAC for nationwide?

make it clear :

1. How many RAC did you set?
2. How many varation of LAC with RAC? in case you stated just one RAC for nationwide, this meaning is every single LAC have same RAC. is it true?

sesunguts
2011-07-06, 05:37 PM
I'm using single value for RAC for all RNCs. Assuming I have 10 LACs, all using same RAC value which is 1. Means that i have RNC1,LAC=1, RAC=1; RNC2,LAC=2, RAC=1; RNC3,LAC=3, RAC=1 and so on..

kolor_ijo
2011-07-06, 06:16 PM
I'm using single value for RAC for all RNCs. Assuming I have 10 LACs, all using same RAC value which is 1. Means that i have RNC1,LAC=1, RAC=1; RNC2,LAC=2, RAC=1; RNC3,LAC=3, RAC=1 and so on..

and how about this value PlmnValTagMax and PlmnValTagMin ?

don_agusto
2011-07-06, 06:28 PM
Can you share to us Performance After and Before u using Single RAC in your Network ??

sesunguts
2011-07-06, 08:25 PM
For performance before and after, i do not have because since day one we using single RAC value.
For setting in our Huawei network as below:

For LAC
Min PLMN Value Tag =1
Max PLM Value Tag =64

For RAC that associated to LAC above
Min PLMN Value Tag =65
Max PLM Value Tag =128

All this setting apply to all RNC. I hope this is what you means.

adewijaya
2011-07-20, 12:47 AM
yes, the problem is " why you should do using those value" ? any assistance from member in here? or some guidance to describe this value then what impact for this paramter value?

takeiteasy612
2011-07-21, 02:43 PM
HI Guys
Would you please show me the different between LAC vs RAC and the pros and cons of using the same scale for LAC and RAC in a network that PS traffic is much lower than CS traffic ?
Thand in advance!!!

agenov
2011-07-21, 03:26 PM
yes, the problem is " why you should do using those value" ? any assistance from member in here? or some guidance to describe this value then what impact for this paramter value?

Doesn't matter exactly what values you gonna use. Can be 1(min) and 5(max). These tag values are use to dimension your LAC/rac. As u described already in the first moment that UE detects this value is different from the one it storred this could mean a new LAC area and should read sys info block.

BR
Alex

Eyuphan86
2012-01-04, 04:49 AM
PLMN Value Tag:

As an information element, the PLMN value tag is included in the Master Information Block (MIB) and System Information Block 1 (SIB1). The PLMN value tag in the MIB changes upon an SIB1 update. After detecting the change in the PLMN value tag, the UE automatically reads thenew SIB1.
When a UE moves between two neighboring cells that belong to different LAs or RAs, the UE needs to read the SIB1 of the destination cell to initiate the location update process, which requires that the two cells have different PLMN value tags.
Therefore, during network planning, different value ranges should be allocated to the PLMN value tags of any two geographically neighboring areas (including the case where one area is part of the other area). The two areas can be two LAs, two RAs, or one LA and one RA.
During parameter configuration, the PLMN value tags of different value ranges should be assigned to any neighboring areas after negotiation. There is no overlap between the value ranges. The area can be a LA or an RA. The PLMN value tags of LAs or RAs vary within the specified range. As a result, a UE can always read different PLMN value tags when moving across the areas and thus correctly reads the SIB1.
NOTE:
In practice, if a cell supports PS services, the PLMN value tag of the cell varies within the specified value range of the RA to which the cell belongs. If a cell does not support PS services, the PLMN value tag of the cell varies within the specified value range of the LA to which the cell belongs. Figure below, Example of planning the value ranges of PLMN value tags

https://picasaweb.google.com/104346839923199527301/Jul52011?authkey=Gv1sRgCITp4s_t-Y6MSQ#5625875257323239042

br./.

There are good and efficient informations.
Thanks you..

sans123
2012-07-26, 06:12 PM
PLMN Value Tag:

NOTE:

br./.

plz, to share attach file, i`don`t download them...
achizhikov@gmail.com
thnx