PDA

View Full Version : Original RAB failures ( IRAT,Interfreq possibility )

EngSoft
2011-07-04, 10:18 PM
Hi ,

I have a question and I will appreciate if any can help, the question is:

While UE in RAB phase and it suffer from bad EcNo can the UE make an IRAT HO or interFreq?

I have look into the call setup phase and did some trace ( HUAWEI R11) it shows that after RRC phase the RNC send a RR_MEAS_CTRL msg with Intrafreq data only.

while it send RR_MEAN_CTRL msg with Interfreq after the RAB phase is finish ( check the picture attached )

I think that after the RRC phase finish and before the RAB phase is finish , the UE can only make SHO (intrafreq HO ) as it didnt have the trigger values for a 2D even,

after the RAB phase finish , i can have IRAT and Interfreq HO as now it have these values.

why you guys think ?? :confused::confused::confused:

qualcomm
2011-07-04, 11:45 PM
Hi ,

While UE in RAB phase and it suffer from bad EcNo can the UE make an IRAT HO or interFreq?

I have look into the call setup phase and did some trace ( HUAWEI R11) it shows that after RRC phase the RNC send a RR_MEAS_CTRL msg with Intrafreq data only.

while it send RR_MEAN_CTRL msg with Interfreq after the RAB phase is finish ( check the picture attached )

I think that after the RRC phase finish and before the RAB phase is finish , the UE can only make SHO (intrafreq HO ) as it didnt have the trigger values for a 2D even,

after the RAB phase finish , i can have IRAT and Interfreq HO as now it have these values.

Hi

To settle your HO problem, you can refer to this thread:

http://www.finetopix.com/huawei/20098-wcdma-r11-feature-parameter-description_handover.html#post138261

You should check the sub-parameters of HoSwitch, threshold of event 2B,2D,2F,3A,3B, and verify the condition to trigger.

good luck./.

senjamir
2011-07-05, 05:35 AM
Hi,

Handover is done either periodic or event based.since your problem is event based you have to check the parameters under this condition. Normally to trigger interfrequency and IRAT handover you have to check event 2d, 2f and 3a threshold values. normally this is how i set the following parameters but this will change depending on the profile of the subscriber in your work place 2d = -14, -105; 2f: -12, -102 and 3a = -102

Also check the time to trigger for each event .it is good to follow the default values for this one.

Br,

Sen

kaizzer545
2011-07-05, 07:16 AM
My friend colud you please upload this image with more quality ????

BR

qaqa
2011-07-05, 10:06 AM
Hi ,

Hi ENgSoft
you have the possibility to allow the mobile to start inter-freq/inter-RAT measurement just after the RRC setup is completed and before the RAB setup. to do that you should enable the RNC-level switch "HO_MC_SIGNAL_SWITCH" in HoSwitch. the command is "SET UCORRMALGOSWITCH". But be carreful when making any changes :-). if you diable the switch, the meaurement control will be delievered to the UE after the RAB is established.:D