PDA

View Full Version : Question Tablet PC for Indoor walk tests

indoor
2011-06-30, 01:27 AM
Hi has anyone tried these new windows 7 tablet PCs for walk tests that you get on ebay? They look quite cheap and would be perfect for walk tests but I worry about the processor only being an Intel atom.

spec is this:

CPU Intel Atom Mobile N450 1.66G (512KB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB)
Chipset Intel 945GSE+ICH7-M
Display 10.1"LCD touch panel 1024*600 wide screen, Multi-point capacitive touchscreen, - Showcases Movies and Games in stunning Clarity!
Hardware: 320GB/5400/8M (5400rpm) Offers Spacious storage and fast read/write times
RAM: 2GB DDR2
Supports external USB CD Burner
Supports external DVD Drive
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 950GM+Intel NM10
Sound Card: Realtek High-Performance Sound Card
Graphics: Intel 3150 with 200Mhz (Integrated)
Speaker: In Focus Audio, Built in Stereo Speaker features HD audio support
Microphone: Built-in Microphone
I/O Ports 3 ×USB 2.0 ports
1×DC-In jack
1×4 in1 cardreader
WIFI Built-in
Camera: Built-in 1.3MP Camera
Keyboard: Hidden-in Keyboard with standard English 84 Key - Also supports external Keyboard
Battery: 3CELL-2200MAH, Battery Life up to 2 HRS
G-Sensor: INCLUDED
Weight: 2 lb - 4 oz
Color: BLACK
Security Kensington Lock
O.S. support Window 7 in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian (only one language can be installed, if you want other language pls let us know, otherwise we will send English)
Dimension 290mm(W)X 150mm(D)X 22mm(H)

Rooster[BG]
2011-06-30, 03:20 PM
Hi,

We use similar tablet, except that the CPU is N550.

When you connect 3 phones with a scanner with TEMS 11 it is very heavy for the tablet.

We don't have problems with TEMS Investigation 9.1 though.

BR,
Rooster[bg]

indoor
2011-07-01, 12:13 AM
Many Thanks for that. I will look out for the dual core Atom processors.

I am looking to run 4 handsets though and wondered what peoples experience of USB hubs was like. Last time (4 years ago) I tried with a tablet two 2G and two 3G handsets was about the limit.

Rooster[BG]
2011-07-01, 01:04 AM
Hi,

If you need to connect more devices than your USB ports you need USB hub with external power supply.

I've never tested USB hubs connected to PCMCIA or PCI Express card.
Most tablets don't have such port so this is not useful for you.

BR,
Rooster[bg]

indoor
2011-07-01, 10:27 PM
Hello Rooster,

Many thanks. I am hoping once I can work out the Qualcomm driver problem for the Samsung Z107 that I can use two of those on a USB hub as they don't charge whilst connected.
I am pretty certain that my current laptop is giving the same com ports to both phones so that when two are plugged in together it falls over completely.

Rooster[BG]
2011-07-03, 03:33 AM
Hi,

I've never used Samsung mobiles and I can't comment.

Some of the externally powered hubs use Edgeport driver and create virtual com port for every port.

I've tried passive hubs but is not working. It is not only a charging issue.

BR,
Rooster[bg]

Hello Rooster,

Many thanks. I am hoping once I can work out the Qualcomm driver problem for the Samsung Z107 that I can use two of those on a USB hub as they don't charge whilst connected.
I am pretty certain that my current laptop is giving the same com ports to both phones so that when two are plugged in together it falls over completely.