PDA

View Full Version : Question IRAT Neighbour Scanning

mikecarter1982
2011-06-29, 11:50 PM
Using Huawei RAN, we have reporting mode set to PERIODICAL REPORTING, and Reporting Interval set at 500ms

In Compressed Mode, how long does it take to scan each BCCH?
How many BCCHs can be scanned during each reporting interval?

I have been informed a UE in Compressed Mode can scan 8 BCCHs in a 480ms window... Is this correct?

Thanks in advance...

_lisi4king
2011-06-30, 03:55 PM
In this book, in the chapter 6.3.3. you can find some responses on your quastions.

I'm not sure, but if CM uses SF/2 it means, for different SF's will be different windows. If not, may be experts can correct me :rolleyes:

ptsv
2011-06-30, 04:20 PM
You can see IRAT optimization tuning :lol

jan74
2011-06-30, 04:28 PM
Using Huawei RAN, we have reporting mode set to PERIODICAL REPORTING, and Reporting Interval set at 500ms

In Compressed Mode, how long does it take to scan each BCCH?
How many BCCHs can be scanned during each reporting interval?

I have been informed a UE in Compressed Mode can scan 8 BCCHs in a 480ms window... Is this correct?

Thanks in advance...

You are right about the 8 BCCHs. Thats as many as you can scan. On NSN, we are able to fix the measurement to periodic and can also extend the amount of time in compressed mode scanning. We are able to scan for up to 30seconds.

If you are told 480ms, I think there must be a possibility to extend that. However, if you're dealing in milliseconds, I suspect that might be more of a "TimeToTrigger" for your GSM BCCH to be above a certain RxLev?

mikecarter1982
2011-06-30, 11:30 PM
You are right about the 8 BCCHs. Thats as many as you can scan. On NSN, we are able to fix the measurement to periodic and can also extend the amount of time in compressed mode scanning. We are able to scan for up to 30seconds.

If you are told 480ms, I think there must be a possibility to extend that. However, if you're dealing in milliseconds, I suspect that might be more of a "TimeToTrigger" for your GSM BCCH to be above a certain RxLev?

Thanks for the responses, i will read the docs.

8 BCCHs is Maximum you can scan in total? or the maximum in the time window?

We are trying to speed up the GSM Handover, hence why we have the reporting period set to 500ms (this is why the relevance of 480ms) and timetotrigger 0 and MinRxLev -96
So chance is high that a BCCH will trigger handover after first reporting period and start to initiate handover, even though there may be better candidate in the next MR.

as far as i know, there is no way to rank the bcchs in an order for the UE to scan...

In the process of at least trying to clean up the GSM nbrs, network planning is a mess, but that is the operators issue, not ours! ;-)