PDA

View Full Version : Monitored set list question

Mctest
2011-06-26, 04:23 PM
Hi all!I have question regarding monitored set list:As I know that ue measures everything and reports it towards RNC in measurement report message.After RRC establishment it receives monitored set with neighbors of cells in active set list.I'm thinking if ue measures everything (eg detected list) and reports it towards RNC why it should have the list of neighbors if RNC could decide if it neighbor or detected cell.Or UE tries to follow the monitored set according the priority(it puts first neighbors with highest priority SC to the correlator)?Who can clarify this process?Many thanks!

zeezzoo
2011-06-26, 09:56 PM
Hi all!I have question regarding monitored set list:As I know that ue measures everything and reports it towards RNC in measurement report message.After RRC establishment it receives monitored set with neighbors of cells in active set list.I'm thinking if ue measures everything (eg detected list) and reports it towards RNC why it should have the list of neighbors if RNC could decide if it neighbor or detected cell.Or UE tries to follow the monitored set according the priority(it puts first neighbors with highest priority SC to the correlator)?Who can clarify this process?Many thanks!

in 3G system the UE is more smarter than the MS in 2G
in "measurement control" message the utran will send the neighbor list & HO threshold to the UE . then the UE will measure all of the neighbors (and also the detected cells which are not sent in the measurement control) and will check HO equation according to the parameters related to each neighbor (ie: HO equation will be applied only on declared neighbors in DB) . finally in the measurement report the ue will send a HO event to the RNC asking for handover .

the utran can also ask th ue to report the detected set . but i have no further info about this .

Mctest
2011-06-27, 12:14 AM
in 3G system the UE is more smarter than the MS in 2G
in "measurement control" message the utran will send the neighbor list & HO threshold to the UE . then the UE will measure all of the neighbors (and also the detected cells which are not sent in the measurement control) and will check HO equation according to the parameters related to each neighbor (ie: HO equation will be applied only on declared neighbors in DB) . finally in the measurement report the ue will send a HO event to the RNC asking for handover .

the utran can also ask th ue to report the detected set . but i have no further info about this .

Thanks!It's clear,but what is about the order in which the ue does the measurements?

rezapa
2011-06-29, 04:36 AM
17905The reason why you need a monitored list is that you may have multiple cells engaged in a soft-handover and each cell has it's own neighbors. So imagine you have 4 cells in soft HO, each cell has 15 neighbors, total number of neighbors that the UE has to monitor will be 60 (supposing that no neighbor is duplicated. but in fact some of them will be. However, the total may exceed 32).
This story applies to both 3G-3G neighbors and 3G-2G ones.
This will give a huge list of SCs or BCCHs to the UE to monitor and may result in very late handover decisions. To truncate this list, we need a process to find the most important neighbors and make sure that they are always monitored. Then go to the next level of importance and so on.
That's why a SelectionPriority is defined.
See section 2.1 of this article, it answers your question thoroughly:
E******* UMTS Feature Guidelines 2 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/44961338/E*******-UMTS-Feature-Guidelines-2)

----
If you liked my reply, please give me some reputation. Tnx.

Mctest
2011-06-29, 12:08 PM
17905The reason why you need a monitored list is that you may have multiple cells engaged in a soft-handover and each cell has it's own neighbors. So imagine you have 4 cells in soft HO, each cell has 15 neighbors, total number of neighbors that the UE has to monitor will be 60 (supposing that no neighbor is duplicated. but in fact some of them will be. However, the total may exceed 32).
This story applies to both 3G-3G neighbors and 3G-2G ones.
This will give a huge list of SCs or BCCHs to the UE to monitor and may result in very late handover decisions. To truncate this list, we need a process to find the most important neighbors and make sure that they are always monitored. Then go to the next level of importance and so on.
That's why a SelectionPriority is defined.
See section 2.1 of this article, it answers your question thoroughly:
E******* UMTS Feature Guidelines 2 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/44961338/E*******-UMTS-Feature-Guidelines-2)

----
If you liked my reply, please give me some reputation. Tnx.

Thanks!But I'm interested in process of measurement!When UE receives monitored set does it process measurement one by one according priority?Put the high priority neighbor then second and so on?Or how?Then if it finishes monitored set what's next?