View Full Version : externalgsmcell in e*******

vasili_koslov
2011-06-25, 02:10 AM
How I can export externalgsmcell from RNC dump in E******* ? externalgsmcell is not provided with TEI tool and Nexplorer can filter externalgsmcell but result is empty. Please help .

Best regards.

rne_battou
2011-06-25, 07:10 AM
Greetings
You can use an Advanced filter in the Export NE window in OSS

jackkarpar
2011-06-25, 12:22 PM
How I can export externalgsmcell from RNC dump in E******* ? externalgsmcell is not provided with TEI tool and Nexplorer can filter externalgsmcell but result is empty. Please help .

Best regards.

in amos, use commnd "pr externalgsmcell" or "get externalgsmcell xx" for more specific parameter

kryptonic
2011-07-06, 03:35 AM
Export MO: ExternalGsmCell

The MO's are case sensitive and should have the correct upper or lower case, this goes for all MO filters being applied.

9waves.9waves
2011-07-06, 10:11 AM
From MOshell
command
lpr gsmrelation it will give you all relation.

milan_recj
2011-07-06, 03:11 PM
In moshell enter into RNC and then:-

lget utrancell=(node-B name) utrancellref utrancellref: To find neighbouring cell 3G

lget utrancell=(node-B) gsmcellref : To find neighbouring cell 2G

lpr utrancell=(node-B) utranrelation : To find all relation Utrancell & GSM

fon909
2011-07-08, 06:28 PM
In TEI tool:

on 'MO' Tab select only 'ExternalGsmCell' MO, deselect all others and that should work.

If it doesn't then try collecting BULK CM again and repeat above procedure.
If it still doesn't work then you can share it with me and I shall check it at my end, to make sure whether it is TEI tool or BULK CM creating problem.

Thanks..

vasili_koslov
2011-07-08, 09:04 PM
Hi brother,

I tried with TEI but MO filter filter tab not include "externalgsmcell" .I will send pass for bulk file to you with email .And bulk file is down .Please quickly repply again.Thanks.

Best Regards.

In TEI tool:

on 'MO' Tab select only 'ExternalGsmCell' MO, deselect all others and that should work.

If it doesn't then try collecting BULK CM again and repeat above procedure.
If it still doesn't work then you can share it with me and I shall check it at my end, to make sure whether it is TEI tool or BULK CM creating problem.

Thanks..

fon909
2011-07-08, 10:21 PM
Hi Vasili,

You are right, 'ExternalGsmCells' option is not visible after applying the filter. I would suggest to take another CM BULK from the ONRM and make sure you include all the elements.

vasili_koslov
2011-07-08, 10:40 PM
How I can take including all elements? Already I exported all RNC network but result not include externallgsmcell.Please share a cm bulk file including externallgsmcell ?

Hi Vasili,

You are right, 'ExternalGsmCells' option is not visible after applying the filter. I would suggest to take another CM BULK from the ONRM and make sure you include all the elements.

kryptonic
2011-07-20, 07:52 AM
You have to get an RNS dump.

The easiest way is go to root and export <ExternalGsmCell>. I have attached a snapshot of how the process in case it's not clear

rf_eng
2011-07-22, 04:31 AM
External GSM Cell is under root subnetwork. So it cannot be seen under RNC in hierachy. Check 3GPP objects' reference.
Maybe you should try to export all network, not only RNC!

boo3000boo
2011-11-01, 12:09 PM
You have to get an RNS dump.

The easiest way is go to root and export <ExternalGsmCell>. I have attached a snapshot of how the process in case it's not clear

Exporting gsm cells this way works. But when i modify gsm params on the excel spreadsheet and TEI to get the new XML to import....everything seems fine when activating the planned area, getting the listchange report. But when I open RNC element manager, the old values for GSM cell persist, even though when I make a new bulk export, the new values do appear. Im having IRAT problems because of these.....real network values are the one on the rnc element manager. Using TEI to make params changes has worked excellent on utran cell params, but not on gsm cell params. :(

k_RF
2011-11-01, 12:40 PM
Do i understand correctly, after you ran the scripts you see the values on the bulk export but not on the RNC Element manager, is that Right?

Did you use the same CellIds when modifying the ExternalGsmcells?
Just be careful that you did not create duplicates.

What exactly did you modify on these ExternalGsmCells?

boo3000boo
2011-11-01, 12:43 PM
Do i understand correctly, after you ran the scripts you see the values on the bulk export but not on the RNC Element manager, is that Right?

Did you use the same CellIds when modifying the ExternalGsmcells?
Just be careful that you did not create duplicates.

What exactly did you modify on these ExternalGsmCells?

Yes, thats my case. I only modified bcch,ncc and bcc cause i did a retune on GSM. I used the cellids that were already created, so I asume no duplicates.

k_RF
2011-11-10, 10:17 PM
Did you figure out how to resolve this problem and why it happened?

boo3000boo
2011-11-11, 01:40 AM
Did you figure out how to resolve this problem and why it happened?

Actully it was something like what you mentioned. I wasnt creating new external cell so I thought there were no duplicates. The thing is that there were duplicate external cells previously created in the RNC. SAme CELLID but different LAC. The one with the wrong LAC had all the neighbor relations and the one with the right LAC(the one I modified to the new params) had no relations defined. So the thing is to delete the duplite external cell with wrong LAC, and redefine all the existing relations to the one with the right LAC and the new params changed after the GSM Retune.