PDA

View Full Version : Original Failure in the Radio Interface Procedure

_lisi4king
2011-06-21, 11:12 PM
Hello, experts!
I Have new quastion for you:
Do you know reasons of Failed PS RABs because of Radio Interface Failure?

Looks really strange. Because we have more than 3000 fails per day per cell (all day, not only in BH) and only on the 2nd carrier and only one site. Of couse it can be interfirience, but it happens in diff parts on the Network (diff cities). RTWP is stable and low (-108 dBm).

What can i check? Have you ever met it? How to fix it?

agenov
2011-06-21, 11:25 PM
Hello, experts!
I Have new quastion for you:
Do you know reasons of Failed PS RABs because of Radio Interface Failure?

Looks really strange. Because we have more than 3000 fails per day per cell (all day, not only in BH) and only on the 2nd carrier and only one site. Of couse it can be interfirience, but it happens in diff parts on the Network (diff cities). RTWP is stable and low (-108 dBm).

What can i check? Have you ever met it? How to fix it?

apart from this failure you should know that -108dBm could be (not at 100%) an indication for hardware issue. it should be around -105dBm.

BR
Alex

_lisi4king
2011-06-21, 11:29 PM
apart from this failure you should know that -108dBm could be (not at 100%) an indication for hardware issue. it should be around -105dBm.

BR
Alex

Special for you, my friend, picture has been attached :p

agenov
2011-06-22, 03:12 AM

in such case is good to start the investigation by isolating some cells/area or possible contributors. There are could be many reason for RIP failures - radio conditions, hardware issue, faulty UE, and etc.

BR
Alex

boring
2011-06-22, 03:19 AM

looks very likely as hardware problem. do you have actually any succesfull calls?

_lisi4king
2011-06-22, 03:41 AM
in such case is good to start the investigation by isolating some cells/area or possible contributors. There are could be many reason for RIP failures - radio conditions, hardware issue, faulty UE, and etc.

BR
Alex

Of course, can be everything. When we met it first time, on one site first carrier was locked (second worked normally) and RIP Fails was on 2nd carriers of environing sites. When 1st carrier started to work, RIP fails was disappeared.

But now, all sites have availability 100%, but RIP Fails exist. :confused:

_lisi4king
2011-06-22, 03:42 AM
looks very likely as hardware problem. do you have actually any succesfull calls?

Which type of equipment can it be, if first carrier works good? :confused:

We suspect neighboring issue, but we have checked it 2-3 times. Everything looks good. Really strange situation.

qaqa
2011-06-22, 10:50 AM
have you done a Drive test + tracing for that

_lisi4king
2011-06-22, 01:47 PM
have you done a Drive test + tracing for that

No. I've expected somebody faced with problem like this. But what can i see from trace? This message comes from RAB Assignment Response with cause bla-bla-bla in Radio Interface procedure (LMT Trace).