PDA

View Full Version : Question Event 1C in UMTS

telecom.santosh
2011-06-19, 07:56 PM
Can any please explain about Event 1C in UMTS? How it is different from Event 1A and Event 1D?

romagdinio
2011-06-19, 08:02 PM
Hi,
Event 1C is used to replace a cell from the AS with another cell in the MN. usually this event is used when the cells in the AS are maximum (3 cells in most cases), so in this case this event is used. instead of sending event 1B to remove a cell and then 1A to add the needed cell.
as mentioned above this event is used to replace cells in the AS and not to replace the best serving cell.

to change the best serving cell you have to use event 1D

romagdinio
2011-06-19, 08:04 PM
Event 1C may be used also when you want to remove cell from the AS and add another cell from the MN at the same time.

9waves.9waves
2011-06-19, 09:56 PM
e1a – a Primary CPICH enters the reporting range, i.e. add a cell to active set.
e1b – a primary CPICH leaves the reporting range, i.e. removed a cell from active set.
e1c – a non-active primary CPICH becomes better than an active primary CPICH, i.e. replace a cell.
e1d: change of best cell.
e1e: a Primary CPICH becomes better than an absolute threshold.
e1f: a Primary CPICH becomes worse than an absolute threshold.

adewijaya
2011-06-19, 11:17 PM
Can any please explain about Event 1C in UMTS? How it is different from Event 1A and Event 1D?

Intra-frequency measurement report events are identified, below :
1A : A primary pilot channel enters the reporting range. When the active set of UE is full, UE stops reporting 1A event;
1B : A primary pilot channel leaves the reporting range;
1C : The primary pilot channell in a non active set is better than the primary pilot channel in an active set;
1D : The best cell changes;
1E : The measurement value of a primary pilot channel exceeds the absolute threshold