PDA

View Full Version : Protecting finetopix

harrypotter
2011-06-19, 07:30 PM
All,

I noticed that most uploaded documents at 4shared.com is not password protected and this could be a groudn for infringement.

I think its safe to put password to all uploaded documents to protect the interest of finetopix forum... Any thoughts?

Harry.

abhye_x
2011-06-19, 07:41 PM
All,

I noticed that most uploaded documents at 4shared.com is not password protected and this could be a groudn for infringement.

I think its safe to put password to all uploaded documents to protect the interest of finetopix forum... Any thoughts?

Harry.

Yes i agree with you sir,
Its such a good idea..

Thanks and regard

adewijaya
2011-06-19, 07:41 PM
All,

Harry.

in my personal i agree with you, but don't forget using default password which is as stated before

indoor
2011-06-19, 08:38 PM
Yes good point. I will go and change my last upload to add a password.

Password: 1nd00r

freakturd06
2011-06-25, 12:08 PM
Also try to change the name of the Document or application by putting dot (.) or any special character (e.g G3n3x U.net Cr@ck). Putting the exact name will point to our forum when that application word search in Google.

ritgail
2011-06-25, 12:24 PM
Good point..i generally follow the password protection,from now on will follow it strictly. other members should do the same...it will help us...:)

leteo
2011-06-25, 12:25 PM
All,

Harry.

I couldn't agree with you more :handshake

Cepillo
2011-06-25, 04:23 PM
All,

Harry.

All my uploaded documents was protected :p
of the same reasons

ramy911us
2011-06-25, 09:42 PM
honestly,imho this whole password protected material is really pain in the a$$,why ????

because we are not sharing illegal or copywrite material,simply i don't like it.

9waves.9waves
2011-06-25, 11:02 PM
Good Point.
I agree with this topic.

tremalnike
2011-06-26, 05:08 AM
One more idea - we need to post documents with random names in order to avoid 4shared(rapidshare and etc.) search engines to show it - for example temsinvestigation.rar --> fksdjhfwe3242.rar :victory:

riverstreamer
2011-06-26, 07:43 AM
Hi to all
There is no discussion on this subject.
Hopefully all of you are aware of risks and problems in The case of putting files non protected in web. It is on you, all, To respect The forum rules and suggestions. We can't remind and force every member all days. It is restrictly requested to:
1. Protect your files with password via a archiver like winrar ( compressing The file, activate The option of hiding file names, putting password)
2. Rename The rar file name as you want, To hide real identity of The compressed contents.
3. Upload The file in one or some shared file websites as mediafire, 4shared,...
4. Put The links in a text file and attach this text file for download in your message
5. please use your default password if you want protect The text file.
6. Please put The password of download file in the text file If differs from your default one.
7. don't use the exact words for showing C**** or P**** in your message or download file name.
8. If possible upload The file in different servers for having backup all The time.
9. You have three options for putting password: I.in password list II.in your signature III.in the post message
I don't recommend To put default password in the signature or message (as it will be seen easily by nonmembers or can be seen directly beside of your link via search engines) At this Time password list section is the Best. Anyway The rules permit you To have these choices so as you want.

And just do it and don't say just that it is good ;) action is better than words.

wnsworld
2011-06-27, 10:22 PM
Dear All,

thnaks for share idea to protecting our forum..
see this http://www.finetopix.com/requests/9409-pls-save-our-forum.html
and please follow idea of Admin for take care our forum..

Thanks..

tanbao
2011-06-28, 03:22 PM
Dear All,

thnaks for share idea to protecting our forum..
see this http://www.finetopix.com/requests/9409-pls-save-our-forum.html
and please follow idea of Admin for take care our forum..

Thanks..

Yes, this is a good idea, i agreed with your post, if somebody want to download, just contribute for our forum first