PDA

View Full Version : Question KPI proper values

faares
2011-06-19, 02:22 AM
Hi All ,

In our network there are Main KPIs defined by RF engineers for each city like as follow:

1.CSSR..................the avarage of all CSSR in BUSY hour
2.CDR....................the avarage of all CDR in BUSY hour
3.HSR....................the avarage of allHSR in BUSY hour
4.Traffic in Erl........ the sum of all traffic in 24 hours
5.Call volume..........the sum of all traffic in 24 hours.

my questions are what are the proper values of above KPIs and is there any mistake in the way they are calculated?

note: please give advise if there are any other way to calculate them or any more important KPI to be added.

Thanks
Faares

jimjim
2011-06-19, 07:15 AM
Hi All ,

In our network there are Main KPIs defined by RF engineers for each city like as follow:

1.CSSR..................the avarage of all CSSR in BUSY hour
2.CDR....................the avarage of all CDR in BUSY hour
3.HSR....................the avarage of allHSR in BUSY hour
4.Traffic in Erl........ the sum of all traffic in 24 hours
5.Call volume..........the sum of all traffic in 24 hours.

my questions are what are the proper values of above KPIs and is there any mistake in the way they are calculated?

note: please give advise if there are any other way to calculate them or any more important KPI to be added.

Thanks
Faares

Hello there,

CSSR >= 95%
CDR < 1%
HSR (without handover return) >=95%

Traffic in Erlg and Call volume, these two KPIs should be correlated with your network dimension. Here I suggest another KPI is to use network utilization which is the total carried traffic / total offered traffic.

Call volume does not have any specific value on network level, however observing a value over one week gives a good indication about the activities in the network.

The above values I mentioned are standard, but they highly depend on your network health, software versions of network elements, network dimension.

For instance in my network we have to accept with call success rate < 95%, because the software version we use in the core network has a feature called assignment delay and it affects the value of the KPI, however it useful for the end user.

CDR is highly affected by the interference level in your network, if you have a good radio environment then lowering the value to around 0.4% would be a great achievement.

HSR 95% is a good threshold tomonitor at network level.

One more thing traffic cannot be summed for all intervals because it will give some missleading values. To prove my point use erlangB table to find the number of traffic channels needed to provide the number you are getting from the daily sum, and compare it with the number of traffic channels available in the field, there will be missmatch.

Instead I will find traffic carried by all the cells at the network busy hour. This method will demand more calculation, but it will give correct results.

I can elaborate more on how to calculate the network busy hour, if you like.

:)
Regards,