PDA

View Full Version : Question Call drops due to Uplink and Downlink receive level

bdplanner
2011-06-17, 06:52 PM
Hi,
we are recently started swapping E/// sites by Huawei 6900. The swap is smooth on rural areas with one or two sites with problems of Uplink and Downlink receive level drops. The sites traffic has been increased. Will changing the following parameters will hand over some traffic to other sites and make the site stable? please let me know

Edge HO UL RX_LEV Threshold
and

Edge HO DL RX_LEV Threshold
If you experts get the same prblem please let me know how to get rid

thanks

luganomu
2011-06-17, 07:26 PM
Hi Amit

It can help by controlling Uplink Level, set large value eg 25 ie Rx level = -110+25 meaning that from that RX level that cell will HO to other neighbor cells

Rgds

kilisuci_kdr
2011-06-17, 08:42 PM
Hi Lugano,
Setting 25 is suitable for urban areas.
Because in rural areas you still need more coverage isn't it?
If higher value, so it means that while still in good level you will HO to other sites.

Maybe you can consider of setting in my network :
Edge HO UL RX_LEV Threshold = 12
Edge HO DL RX_LEV Threshold = 16

bdplanner
2011-06-17, 09:02 PM
Hi Lugano,
Setting 25 is suitable for urban areas.
Because in rural areas you still need more coverage isn't it?
If higher value, so it means that while still in good level you will HO to other sites.

Maybe you can consider of setting in my network :
Edge HO UL RX_LEV Threshold = 12
Edge HO DL RX_LEV Threshold = 16

In our network the value is 10 and 20 respectively.Should I go for 12 and 22 respectively? But Load Handover Support and Rx_Level_Drop HO Allowed are both set to NO. Will those above parameter work? If not should I make them YES for rural cell? Please let me know.

kilisuci_kdr
2011-06-18, 10:40 AM
Load_HO_Support is define for traffic load sharring and then Rx_Level_Drop_HO is just to avoid drop when the Rx Level is suddenly drop.

It's will effect if you define "Edge_HO_Allowed to Yes", because this will enable the algorithm.
Load Handover Support = No
Rx_Level_Drop HO Allowed = No
Level HO Allowed = Yes
Edge HO Allowed = Yes

RF engineer
2011-06-18, 02:45 PM
Hi,
we are recently started swapping E/// sites by Huawei 6900. The swap is smooth on rural areas with one or two sites with problems of Uplink and Downlink receive level drops. The sites traffic has been increased. Will changing the following parameters will hand over some traffic to other sites and make the site stable? please let me know

Edge HO UL RX_LEV Threshold
and

Edge HO DL RX_LEV Threshold
If you experts get the same prblem please let me know how to get rid

thanks

Dear

It is better to start check the Coverage for cell , when you swapped E/ BTS to Huawei BTS 3900 or DBS 3900 may be the coverage is extended as for huawei BTS there are no loss ob combiner,feeder,,,,,,,,,,,.

BR

bdplanner
2011-06-18, 04:59 PM
Dear

It is better to start check the Coverage for cell , when you swapped E/ BTS to Huawei BTS 3900 or DBS 3900 may be the coverage is extended as for huawei BTS there are no loss ob combiner,feeder,,,,,,,,,,,.

BR

Thanks. I actually can not go for physical modification even not changing rxlevaccessmin. Thats why i have to go for changing parameter

RF engineer
2011-06-18, 06:21 PM
Thanks. I actually can not go for physical modification even not changing rxlevaccessmin. Thats why i have to go for changing parameter

I can give you another solution if yoi have Time advance measurement before and after swap you see if the coverage is extended or not .

BR

bdplanner
2011-06-18, 06:24 PM
I can give you another solution if yoi have Time advance measurement before and after swap you see if the coverage is extended or not .

BR

For pre swap it is not available although I may ask for that. May I ask what is the possible solution if the coverage extended?

RF engineer
2011-06-19, 12:29 AM
For pre swap it is not available although I may ask for that. May I ask what is the possible solution if the coverage extended?

If the MAjor KPI is not bad you can keep it , and if you want reduce the drop try to down tilt or change power level from 0 to 1 you may reduce 2dB.

BR

bdplanner
2011-06-19, 01:22 AM
Actually it is the major reason of drops (UL receive level) for almost all the reason. Some swaps has been just the removal of DRFU by MRFU and still have large drops on UL receive level (Traffic is increased for all cases) Do you guys also have the same issues.Which paramater will reduce this drops and hand off to other cells. We have no chance to go for downtilting or reducing accessmin.

Thanks