PDA

View Full Version : SDCCH ALLOCATION IN G1-GSM

ejamhas
2011-06-17, 05:08 PM
Hi E/// Experts!

Can we define SDCCH in G1-GSM Channel Group in E///? Please note that BCCH is in P-GSM?

Please some who has practically done this advice me on this.

Thanks in advance.:)

Best Regards

Hassan

zlobster
2011-06-24, 03:46 PM
Hi!

Please note that MS which is not E-GSM (G1) capable can camp on the cell since it has P-GSM BCCH. However, if you assign SDCCH to this MS on G1 band it won't be able to use it and fail.

I'm not sure, though, if you have SDCCHs allocated to both P-GSM and E-GSM. Just I'm not sure how E/// system will react in this case. But somebody is, so...

ejamhas
2011-06-24, 03:56 PM
Hi zlobster!

Thanks very much for the reply. Well we do have SDCCH on P-GSM as well but the SDCCH on G1-GSM are not used at all...

One more thing what if we have G1-GSM in BCCH and SDCCH on P-GSM... DO you think this will work? coz I guess P-GSM is a sub set of E-GSM i.e. E-GSM includes the full GSM 900 band.

What do you say?

BR:)

Hi!

Please note that MS which is not E-GSM (G1) capable can camp on the cell since it has P-GSM BCCH. However, if you assign SDCCH to this MS on G1 band it won't be able to use it and fail.

I'm not sure, though, if you have SDCCHs allocated to both P-GSM and E-GSM. Just I'm not sure how E/// system will react in this case. But somebody is, so...

zlobster
2011-06-24, 04:33 PM
Hi!

Exactly! You got it ALL right. So, no worries if your BCCH is from the G1 band and the SDCCH is form the primary one. If the MS is capable camping on the G1 BCCH it won't have any problems with SDCCH from the P-GSM.

BR,
Z

ejamhas
2011-06-24, 04:38 PM
Hi,

Thanks man. I am gonna do a trial on that... wish me luck... :p

Cheers :)

zlobster
2011-06-24, 04:54 PM
Hi,

Thanks man. I am gonna do a trial on that... wish me luck... :p

Cheers :)