PDA

View Full Version : SDCCH on BCCH TRX

alphachild
2011-06-13, 04:58 PM
what are the advantages if any of having All SDCCH/8 e.g. 4 trx with 4 SDCCH/8 all on the BCCH TRX.

Is there any advantage to this? FH is been used and also what will happen should the BCCH TRX fail, will the SDs be move to other TRX? I work with Alcatel equipments

adewijaya
2011-06-13, 05:36 PM
combined BCCH configuration is BCCH/4SDCCH sub time slots for extra SDCCH capacity, which will take 4 sub time slots from paging channels to dedicate it for SDCCH

Processor
2011-06-13, 06:03 PM
combined BCCH configuration is BCCH/4SDCCH sub time slots for extra SDCCH capacity, which will take 4 sub time slots from paging channels to dedicate it for SDCCH

Not sure you got his question but anyway i'll take it.............

The main advantages of having your SDCCH on BCCH TRX is mainly cos of stability in terms of quality as compared to TCH TRX which is hopping and also because of coverage since the BCCH TRX is always transmitting at full power.

However fixing 4SDCCH is against the alcatel rules which allows for a maximum of 3 SDCCH on the BCCH TRX....this is mainly to keep against overloading the TCU they are connected to.

Ask more questions if not clear

adewijaya
2011-06-13, 06:12 PM
Not sure you got his question but anyway i'll take it.............

The main advantages of having your SDCCH on BCCH TRX is mainly cos of stability in terms of quality as compared to TCH TRX which is hopping and also because of coverage since the BCCH TRX is always transmitting at full power.

However fixing 4SDCCH is against the alcatel rules which allows for a maximum of 3 SDCCH on the BCCH TRX....this is mainly to keep against overloading the TCU they are connected to.

Ask more questions if not clear

but isn't always good to put on BCCH TRx in term of interference UL or DL, please correct me if i wrong

raghchau
2011-06-14, 04:35 PM
That is the reason why BCCH planning is given so high importance.