PDA

View Full Version : Question Adjustment of IdleQoffset2sn to resolve IMSI unknown in VLR

kentck86
2011-06-13, 12:02 AM
hi,

i am trying to prevent Call attempt failure due to IMSI unknown in VLR which happens normally at inter-RNC border thus i came across to adjust on the idleQoffset2sn parameter(Huawei) to smaller value(-ve value) in order to speedup the cell reselection for same RNC cell whereas setting higher value of IdleQoffset2sn value(+ve value) to minimize on cell reselection cases to inter-RNC cells. Will this leads to another issue that is Ping-Pong handover and handover overhead afterward? Anyone been tried on this? Any advices would be appreciate.

kentck86
2011-07-06, 03:45 PM
Nobody can giving advise on this?

Irna
2011-07-06, 04:00 PM
hi,

i am trying to prevent Call attempt failure due to IMSI unknown in VLR which happens normally at inter-RNC border thus i came across to adjust on the idleQoffset2sn parameter(Huawei) to smaller value(-ve value) in order to speedup the cell reselection for same RNC cell whereas setting higher value of IdleQoffset2sn value(+ve value) to minimize on cell reselection cases to inter-RNC cells. Will this leads to another issue that is Ping-Pong handover and handover overhead afterward? Anyone been tried on this? Any advices would be appreciate.

make it some clear

1. IMSI unknown in VLR, what's does mean?
2. Did you have IuR connection?
3. This parameter just to set cell reselection in idle state, problem happend on DCH connection
3. already check with LAC and SAC on both RNC, is it correct?

kentck86
2011-07-06, 04:56 PM
make it some clear

3. This parameter just to set cell reselection in idle state, problem happend on DCH connection

3. already check with LAC and SAC on both RNC, is it correct?

Call attempt was perform at inter RNC border(Move from RNCA to RNCB), call failure occur, there were CM service reject happens with the cause of IMSI Unknown in VLR which is caused by the IMSI is not recognized by the new RNC.
Yes it is iur interconnected
If so, any idea what are the suggested parameter for the tuning on speeding up the cell reselection in this state?
4. already check with LAC and SAC on both RNC, is it correct?
Yes, there is no error on this.

Irna
2011-07-06, 05:10 PM
Call attempt was perform at inter RNC border(Move from RNCA to RNCB), call failure occur, there were CM service reject happens with the cause of IMSI Unknown in VLR which is caused by the IMSI is not recognized by the new RNC.
Yes it is iur interconnected
If so, any idea what are the suggested parameter for the tuning on speeding up the cell reselection in this state?
4. already check with LAC and SAC on both RNC, is it correct?
Yes, there is no error on this.

better you should do some tracing with this problem, i still confident its due to core problem if your DRNC have succesfull, i will waiting with your result

kentck86
2011-07-06, 06:19 PM
better you should do some tracing with this problem, i still confident its due to core problem if your DRNC have succesfull, i will waiting with your result

Tracing already did, feel free to check on the log for Nemo and IMSI trace as linked:

Download IMSI Unknown in VLR Log and IMSI Trace.7z from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way (http://www.sendspace.com/file/5v33v3)