PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Link Budget Spreadsheet

indoor
2011-06-09, 06:40 AM
Hello,

Attached is a link budget tool from LGC for indoor link budgets. Tool is based on the LGC Unison/Fusion equipment so needs adjustment of the loss before and after the RAUs if you want to look at possible antenna areas when considering a passive DAS or a hybrid such as using the Andrew Ion-M.

No password on the zip.

adewijaya
2011-06-09, 08:00 AM
did you have Link Budget in 2G and LTE equipment, its attached only for 3G

indoor
2011-06-09, 03:25 PM
Narrowband on left is for GSM.

The tool looks at each separately and then in the box at the bottom you can see what is the limiting link and whether uplink or downlink. The tables on the right hand side include a section on which path loss exponent to use. This is where the type of building is entered into the calculations. For this tool if the table has 34.8 this needs to be entered as 3.48 in the cells at the top. Path loss exponent needs to be entered separately for Narrow Band and WCDMA.

I don't have anything for LTE sorry, but there is some question mark over whether the extra cost of a second parallel DAS is worth it for indoor systems as the radio path is usually extremely good on dedicated indoor systems.

indoor
2011-06-17, 06:11 AM
Another tool for those of you interested in indoor radio techniques. This one is a repeater tool from Andrew for their Node enhancers and the small MR repeaters. I've not used it myself so can't answer answer any technical questions about it sorry.

kevin_h811
2011-06-20, 08:36 AM
Hi INDOOR,

Very good macro presentation!!!:handshake

Do you have for Outdoor as well?Looking forward to post it in this thread or new thread..

Regards//

indoor
2011-06-20, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure I have any outdoor link budgets but will have a look through my info. As my user name suggests my area of focus is indoor radio though.

Also macro link budgets are very different to indoor ones as there are more assumptions in the macro link budget due to the radio link being less clear cut. For this reason a lot of macro link budgets have larger margins added for things like building penetration and shadow fading, Most of which can be designed out on an indoor system.

harrypotter
2011-06-29, 10:32 AM
DO you have cost anlysis in using Indoor solution? What can you recommend?

ashqar
2012-04-06, 10:23 AM
could you please to send all attached file to my email because i cant download it :(
please i need this attached to study on it.
Indoor Link Budget Tool (http://www.finetopix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17207&d=1307569162)
Calculation Pathloss Node & Mini Repeater
thank you.
(http://www.finetopix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17547&d=1308258641)

bssmsm
2012-04-09, 08:39 PM
Hi, "inddor", were you from?
what are the mobile operators in your country?

Sabatino
2012-07-18, 04:19 AM
Hello i am very interested in the indoor topics, but i CAN Not open thé attached files : is it possible to send them to me by an other Way.Thank you for your help sabatino