PDA

View Full Version : Mass modifications in NetAct Plan Editor

drJaser
2011-06-08, 08:24 PM
anyone know how to change multiple parameters in Netact Plan Editor at once?
I mean importing new values (WBTS names, WCEL names, etc..) from Excel file or CVS file for a few hundred cells..

BR,
drJ.

asifhaider919
2011-07-23, 04:57 AM
Hi,

I need help on mass modifications of parameters through Netact Editor.

I want to change frequencies on network level, how would i create a plan for it through editor.

Changing frequency one by one in the plan is not realistic, is there any way of doing it at once??

i would be thankull for the responses.

asifhaider919
2011-07-23, 06:26 AM
specifically i want help about "Linking Parameters" in the update query, and the SQL String

zaebolll
2011-09-06, 02:20 AM
Nice topic, but unfortunatelly no answer.

louvre
2011-09-28, 05:17 AM
Looks like many people want to know how to mass modification in PLan editor its the most simplest thing to do.!! Anyway tell me which parameter you would like to mass modify maybe i can help you out on it.

'-----------------------------------------------------------

if you think this has been useful clicking the Reputation or Thanks is appreciated ;)

zaebolll
2011-09-28, 05:22 AM
What need to do for it? Import CSV or something?

Better can you share with us a template or explain steps. (for example 5 SDCCH channel addition on different sectors or 5 BCCH changes or 5 ADCE addition) :)

louvre
2011-09-28, 06:02 AM
What need to do for it? Import CSV or something?

Better can you share with us a template or explain steps. (for example 5 SDCCH channel addition on different sectors or 5 BCCH changes or 5 ADCE addition) :)

' -----------------------------------------------------------------------
For SD Addition:

Step1: you need to have the xml for the creation of DB using plan editor.
Step2: generate the mdb
Step3: Open mdb file and then open the A_TRX Table
Step4: Copy the db in a excel sheet and using a vloopup isolate the trx in which modification is required and copy them into a new sheet.

I am assuming that you are going to add the SD on a non BCCH TRX so i am going to put a filter on channel0type <> 4 this will give me non bcch trx in the sector and then as per requirement of how many number of SD needed to be added i modify the channel0type to 2 (SDCCH). if its already 2 then i can change the channel1type to 2.(in such case TS1 is also now SDCCH).

i will save it as csv. comma seperated value.

Step5: Create a new plan in plan editor using export plan and select the output type to default OSS or any other OSS listed under and activate the plan.
Step6: Import -> Import plan -> CSV file.
Step7: give the location of the csv click on (...) to input.
Step8: Give a log name
Step9: Parameter filter click on (...) -> All -> deselect -> apply, drop down select A_TRX, select select ->Apply filter.
Step10: Csv Mapping click on (...) -> new -> name: give some name select radio option (read parameter from csv). filename -> link to your csv.
default object class (A_TRX) for this case.

Step11.
ok -> Apply mapping -> Import -> Import.
Step12: view buffer
Step13: select clear after import -> accept import.
Step 14: export Plan -> move to export buffer -> view export buffer -> select clear after export. ensure that output profile is some sort of OSS.
select the output file and dont forget to use xml.
Step 15: click export.

A csv file for the above example should have the following.'

BSCId BCFId BTSId TRXId channel0Type
123456 15 45 8 2
123456 3 7 1 2
123456 3 7 3 2

for the BCCH plan it should have the intialfrequency also: it the frequency you will be modifying to and ensure that channel0type = 4 as shown below.

BSCId BCFId BTSId TRXId channel0Type initialFrequency
123456 15 43 1 4 857
123456 15 44 4 4 865
123456 15 45 7 4 800

rest of the process is same as listed above for all plan only the managed object will change like for adce its A_ADCE and not A_TRX as in case of SDCCH and BCCH change.

Also there is a limitation involving ADCE creation in other case you can give only the necessary parameter but for ADCE you need to provide all parameter.

there is a trick also u can bypass this for some parameter and create a CSV which you can use to import directly in the CM but it requires a profile and a csv where profile is generally the headache.!!! but thats a different topic all together which is not part of NetAct.

'-----------------------------------------------------------

if you think this has been useful clicking the Reputation or Thanks is appreciated ;)

zaebolll
2011-09-28, 06:49 AM
Thanks for detailed explanation,

Actually it is not so easy as you mentioned :) i think even via excel simplest :)

my first try was fail, will try again later, thanks alot again!