PDA

View Full Version : Question Huawei Parameters Trials

justdream
2011-06-08, 05:05 AM
Dear Huawei experts,

Please let's share here Huawei parameters trials:

Which paramters you have changed?
what's your recommended values?
Ha sit led to improvement or degradation?

salmeterol
2011-06-08, 03:44 PM
one more question again to experts:
Which one is exact "congestion relief" parameter which i can adjust with dBm margins for handover?

justdream
2011-06-23, 02:30 AM
Experts,

What do you know about feauters in Huawei called EICC?

A friend of mine mentioned that EICC can improve the uplink anti-interference capability, thus enhancing the uplink speech quality and data throughput accordingly..

but I couldn't propose it to client liek that, I've to understand:

How this features could bring improvment?
Also, are there any pre-conditions must be acheived before enabling it?

Please supprot at the earliest :handshake

hesh
2011-06-23, 04:05 AM
Experts,

What do you know about feauters in Huawei called EICC?

A friend of mine mentioned that EICC can improve the uplink anti-interference capability, thus enhancing the uplink speech quality and data throughput accordingly..

but I couldn't propose it to client liek that, I've to understand:

How this features could bring improvment?
Also, are there any pre-conditions must be acheived before enabling it?

Please supprot at the earliest :handshake

I Think you are talking about Huawei feature Interference Cancellation, actually it is called E-DPDCH PIC,this feature surely eliminate interference signals on the DPCCH and E-DPDCH. EPIC helps achieve higher signal-to-interference ratio (SIR) in demodulation and further improve uplink capacity of the UMTS system
Here how it works..

The basic idea of EPIC is to estimate the MAI {(Multi Acess Interference-In the scenario of multiple users, interference between users should be considered as noise too. This type of interference is called Multi acess interference)} in the received signals through decision and reconstruction and then to eliminate part of or all interference before the decision.

In the HSUPA application scenario, if there are some high-rate HSUPA subscribers and some are low low rate suscribers,high-throughput HSUPA subscribers generate serious UL interference to low-throughput HSUPA subscribers, and the rate of the original high-throughput HSUPA subscribers is also affected.
When EPIC is used, the NodeB demodulates the HSUPA UL E-DPDCH data and then performs Interference Cancellation based on the demodulated data and the original received baseband data. Then, the NodeB demodulates the baseband data again after Interference Cancellation. For the baseband data after Interference Cancellation, the interference from the E-DPDCH data is eliminated and the MAI is reduced. Therefore, the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of the data is improved.

You can check by NodeB param " IC_MODE" whether Interference Cancellation is supported by the cell

Hope it could help..

justdream
2011-06-23, 04:40 AM
I'm working in 2G not 3G :-)

tester
2011-06-23, 04:54 AM
Summary
The interference on the signals received by multiple antennas has both spatial correlation and temporal correlation: co-channel interference (CCI) and inter-symbol interference (ISI). After considering the correlation of these two types of interference, EICC combines the signals received by multiple antennas to provide better signal quality on the uplink.

Benefits

The EICC feature improves the uplink signal quality to meet the requirements for radio communications and to improve the uplink performance in scenarios with wide coverage.
With the uplink anti-interference capability improved, tight frequency reuse can be achieved and thus the system capacity is increased.

Description
Similar to ICC, EICC mainly applies to the network where the tight frequency reuse pattern is adopted and the traffic volume is heavy.
The interference on the signals received by multiple antennas has both spatial correlation and temporal correlation: CCI and ISI. Considering the spatial correlation and temporal correlation of the interference, ICC eliminates these two types of interference independently. EICC, however, considers the correlation of these two types of interference and constructs the multidimensional combining coefficient matrix to combine the signals according to the maximum signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) criteria. In this way, EICC obtains the optimized uplink signals.
EICC requires the matrix of interference, which is calculated on the basis of the training sequence of wanted signals. For each RX signal, the network estimates a channel model based on the training sequence of the signal, reconstructs the wanted signal, and subtracts the wanted signal from the RX signal to obtain the interfering signal. The network then estimates the matrix of each interfering signal and analyzes the statistical dependency of these interfering signals. Based on the statistical dependency, some interference is counteracted during the combination of RX signals to maximize the combination gain.

justdream
2011-06-23, 04:58 AM
EICC combines the signals received by multiple antennas

Does it mean I've to use multiple antennas in my BTS??

hesh
2011-06-23, 12:36 PM
I'm working in 2G not 3G :-)

No worries....post might be useful for experts working
on 3G

justdream
2011-07-31, 12:38 AM
Dear huawei,

Do you have good trials to share?

jimjim
2011-07-31, 06:10 AM
Hello there,

What you are talking about is something very important for people working in RAN domain. In 3G Huawei responded to this request, and prepared an Excel workbook with all database parameters, and whether they have any effect on performance or not.

The list is well explained and can be filtered to search for anything. However the first thing to start with before tackling this subject is to understand what you are working on, for instance if you are working on handover problems, there are times which you need to increase a parameter and there are times where you need to decrease the same parameter.

Parameter optimization is not a fixed science but rather a soft one which you need to know how to model.

I suggest that we go case by case, and learn from experience.

:)
Regards,

ventinel
2011-07-31, 01:48 PM
Hello there,

What you are talking about is something very important for people working in RAN domain. In 3G Huawei responded to this request, and prepared an Excel workbook with all database parameters, and whether they have any effect on performance or not.

The list is well explained and can be filtered to search for anything. However the first thing to start with before tackling this subject is to understand what you are working on, for instance if you are working on handover problems, there are times which you need to increase a parameter and there are times where you need to decrease the same parameter.

Parameter optimization is not a fixed science but rather a soft one which you need to know how to model.

I suggest that we go case by case, and learn from experience.

Regards,

hi jimjim,
can u please share the excel sheet... thanks in advancve

jimjim
2011-07-31, 07:15 PM
Hello Ventinel,

Just check the Hedex provided to you by Huawei for compatability issue. However I am attaching it for reference.

Regards,

justdream
2011-11-18, 07:23 PM
Dears, lets' focus on 2G trials please

dacoder
2011-11-19, 03:50 AM
In most cases we are using default values for parameters. Then we fine tune as per sites performance as seen from its KPI.

Thanks

deknoi55
2012-02-20, 02:47 AM
that topix I get more knowlege thank you all

HU_Prof
2012-02-29, 04:33 PM
to have a clear please tell us which trial exactly !!!!

justdream
2012-03-01, 11:16 PM
to have a clear please tell us which trial exactly !!!!
Nothing specific, just share any parameters trail you have implemented and KPIs improved

tomcatsniper
2012-03-03, 06:36 PM
In most cases we are using default values for parameters. Then we fine tune as per sites performance as seen from its KPI.

Same here. Use the default parameters and change them accordingly to the drive test logs. This is the way you do it. In the same time monitor the KPIs. There is no exact rule what parameter to change to improve the quality and KPI without a drive test. Looking only at KPI is risky and time consuming.

justdream
2012-03-17, 05:41 AM
Dears,
If you have tested any parameter trials for Huawei 2G PCIII
Please share with few description as I'm confused about PCIII
Thanks

Fado
2012-05-08, 02:08 PM
hi,
the main thing you should concentrate on is quality and level parameters that you want to set...use default values for filter windows and rest..this is where you want to keep UL/DL Quality and Level of the ms and bts powers...you should find an optimized value lets say 2 or 3 for quality and depending on rural or urban a set level value for the UL/DL levels..
cheers!

timedomain
2012-09-20, 07:06 PM
EICC is enhanced algorithm for uplink diversity process. this will give you good result in urban areas and where there is uplink interference and drop problem. i tried once but no positive or negative effect. but in some other cases with high traffic cells, i know it gives some good result.

mobile4lte
2012-09-21, 10:13 AM
Huawei Parameters Trials meaning is showing the huawei the progress of science and technology.if you want to know more about huawei products ,you can visit here:http://www.mobile4wifilte.co.uk/

jnjathi
2012-10-25, 11:32 PM
Somebody advise.. I need to run trials on TFO for one BSC. Who has tried it and what are the gains on speech quality?

khurrambilal01
2012-10-26, 02:39 AM
Somebody advise.. I need to run trials on TFO for one BSC. Who has tried it and what are the gains on speech quality?

We have TFO enabled in our network, MS needs to support this feature (both end MS should be using same codec rates, you can observe improvement in MOS after implementation).

vaampeere
2012-12-24, 03:51 AM
HI all,

Im a bit new here, but as a suggestion to admins here; can we start a topic or query by furst mentioning the technology it is pertaining to?.For example anything related to 3G can begin like "3G-Query-'ccccccs asdd...?".

Hope it can work out here!

BR,

Vaampeere

Optimal
2013-01-04, 01:26 PM
I had trial some Huawei parameters on G900 reframing project. Kindly try for parameter list below:

Parameters Adjustment

• L2 Re-Establishment (Disable > Enable)

• RLT Adjustment

• Min UL Power on HO Candidate Cell (5 > 0)

• AMR Starting Mode (1 > 2)

• Power Boost before HO (Disable > Enable)

Please kindly add reputation if it helpful for you.