PDA

View Full Version : HSDPA throughput

gogotchiya83
2011-06-07, 10:58 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to improve HSDPA throughput without affecting the performance of R99,below The setting of our network:
- We have 2 frequencies :
For The whole network we use just one frequency : HSDPA colocateled with R99. expect in some cell where we use both of them : F2 dedicated to HSDPA + R99 & R99 on F1
- The parameter "isCellHsPdschDynamicManagementActive" = False => the dynamic management is not enable.
- numberOfHsPdschCodes = 5
- numberOfHsScchCodes = 2
- HSUPA enabled

my questions are below :

Should I activate the dynamic management codes without influence on the R99?
For the hot spot cell, should I change numberOfHsPdschCodes = 15 in order to have a troughput of 14.4 Mbps (is it possible with the presence of HSUPA)?
What about the "numberOfHsScchCode?

Thanks in advance

striker
2011-06-07, 11:04 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to improve HSDPA throughput without affecting the performance of R99,below The setting of our network:
For The whole network we use just one frequency : HSDPA colocateled with R99. expect in some cell where we use both of them : F2 dedicated to HSDPA + R99 & R99 on F1
- The parameter "isCellHsPdschDynamicManagementActive" = False => the dynamic management is not enable.
- HSUPA enabled

my questions are below :

For the hot spot cell, should I change numberOfHsPdschCodes = 15 in order to have a troughput of 14.4 Mbps (is it possible with the presence of HSUPA)?

Thanks in advance

there is a manual here how to dimension HSDPA Throughput

thanks..

gogotchiya83
2011-06-07, 11:07 PM
Can you share it ? thanks in advance
I will be very happy if you can upload an ALU documents (UA7.1)
Just to let you know that we have launch the network with the default parameters ...

arisondang
2011-06-23, 01:54 PM
Hello,

- HSUPA enabled

my questions are below :

Thanks in advance

1. Dynamic Management is better than fixed or manual in HDSPA Cell,
If you use dedicated Carrier for HSDPA (Hot Spot), enable it only for F2
It purposes to accommodate R99 User vs HSDPA user dynamically
2. If you implement dynamic, set HSPDSCH max in 15, min in 10 for F2..
and HSSCCH to be 2. No worries for HSUPA, AGCH, RGCH, and HICH only consumes max 2 SF128+2 SF 256 in DL Code
so you still have many space for R99 and HSDPA

But if you set 15 HSPDSCH fixed code + 2 HSSCCH + HSUPA, its only 1 user can occupy HSDPA cell

Thanks

gprastomo
2011-06-23, 03:38 PM
Hi, better to activate the dynamic code&power allocation for HSDPA since it will have less impact on the R99 users.
THen to activate 15/10 code, first you need to calculate your capacity (CE/IuB/IuPS) since to achieve that tput, it need higher capacity otherwise you ll have congestion either CE/IuB etc.

Then for Hsscch code for code multiplexing, if you use 15 code, then to achieve 15 code, the hsscch code should be set to max of 2 codes, cos it need SF 128, if you set to >2 then the HSDPA will not able to achieve 15 codes.

Then if you put 10 codes, better to use >2 hsscch code for user perception.
But if you use 5 code, better 1 or 2 hsscch code.

br

Hello,

- HSUPA enabled

my questions are below :

Thanks in advance

gprastomo
2011-06-23, 03:39 PM
Bos, aman2 bos ?

br

1. Dynamic Management is better than fixed or manual in HDSPA Cell,
If you use dedicated Carrier for HSDPA (Hot Spot), enable it only for F2
It purposes to accommodate R99 User vs HSDPA user dynamically
2. If you implement dynamic, set HSPDSCH max in 15, min in 10 for F2..
and HSSCCH to be 2. No worries for HSUPA, AGCH, RGCH, and HICH only consumes max 2 SF128+2 SF 256 in DL Code
so you still have many space for R99 and HSDPA

But if you set 15 HSPDSCH fixed code + 2 HSSCCH + HSUPA, its only 1 user can occupy HSDPA cell

Thanks

dodotiro
2011-06-23, 04:17 PM
message has been deleted

gprastomo
2011-06-23, 04:22 PM
@gprastomo : iki xxxxx , 99 yo ? :)

sopo iki bos ?
waduh ojok nyebut jeneng boss :) diedit sik bos