PDA

View Full Version : Question HSDPA Throughput per user

fahmi
2011-06-07, 05:02 PM
Hi experts,
could you suggest what are the factors that may affect the HSDPA Throughput/user ??

thkss

koepret
2011-06-07, 05:28 PM
Hi experts,
could you suggest what are the factors that may affect the HSDPA Throughput/user ??

thkss

http://www.finetopix.com/library/18076-wcdma-capacity-dimensioning-procedure-case-study.html

for reference ..:)

hesh
2011-06-15, 06:31 PM
Hi experts,

thkss

A lot..

1.Number of HS SCCH per cell
2.CQI Reporting..Means RF condition
3.Path Imbalance( Ack/Nack should be communicated properly)
4.Compressed Mode scenario
5.SIM provising.
6.Web/FTP limitations

these reasons are quiet a few which can affect HSDPA throughput

Hope this could help

fahmi
2011-06-15, 06:39 PM
A lot..

1.Number of HS SCCH per cell
2.CQI Reporting..Means RF condition
3.Path Imbalance( Ack/Nack should be communicated properly)
4.Compressed Mode scenario
5.SIM provising.
6.Web/FTP limitations

these reasons are quiet a few which can affect HSDPA throughput

Hope this could help

thank you,
could you please provide a formula for calculating this KPI

hesh
2011-06-15, 07:00 PM
thank you,
could you please provide a formula for calculating this KPI

HSDPA throughput/per user is just user perception which can be checked on the cell itself(Drive test) as well as there is HSDPA throughput counter for cell in Huawei system i.e. VS.HSDPA.MeanCH.Throughput.TotalMBytes.

Hope this could help..

hesh
2011-06-15, 07:05 PM
HSDPA throughput/per user is just user perception which can be checked on the cell itself(Drive test) as well as there is HSDPA throughput counter for cell in Huawei system i.e. VS.HSDPA.MeanCH.Throughput.TotalMBytes.

Hope this could help..

You can also find maximum number of HSDPA user in a cell at any given hour by the counter VS.HSDPA.UE.Max.Cell and just divide total throughput of cell for the same interval by above given counter and i guess you can find approx thoughput per user for that hour..

Hope thic could help

fahmi
2011-06-15, 07:22 PM
You can also find maximum number of HSDPA user in a cell at any given hour by the counter VS.HSDPA.UE.Max.Cell and just divide total throughput of cell for the same interval by above given counter and i guess you can find approx thoughput per user for that hour..

Hope thic could help

yes think that this will work but only for small observation period. may be an hour not more.
thank you any way :handshake

zeezzoo
2011-06-15, 10:00 PM
you can also check the Max # of HS Codes & your Iub Resources (E1 or IP) .
but let's say that all of the parameters are ok & the setting you are using should give you a good throughput but you are not getting that good throughput . here you should start thinking like follows : how is my radio condition looks like ? , how many HS users i have in this cell ? , what about my Iub resources ? , ......

pongpang
2011-06-16, 12:45 AM

Hope this could help..

this's fomula

- Mean Throughput per UE, HSDPA = (8* <VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes> / <VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.Times> )

- Mean Throughput per UE, HSUPA = (8* <VS.HSUPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes> / <VS.HSUPA.MeanChThroughput.Times> )

fahmi
2011-06-16, 01:35 AM
this's fomula

- Mean Throughput per UE, HSDPA = (8* <VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes> / <VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.Times> )

- Mean Throughput per UE, HSUPA = (8* <VS.HSUPA.MeanChThroughput.TotalBytes> / <VS.HSUPA.MeanChThroughput.Times> )

Hi, please could you provide description of the counter VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.Times. I could not find it :confused:.
is this for RAN 12 ? if not do you have equivalent counter in RAN12?
thank you .

hesh
2011-06-16, 01:53 AM
Hi, please could you provide description of the counter VS.HSDPA.MeanChThroughput.Times. I could not find it :confused:.
is this for RAN 12 ? if not do you have equivalent counter in RAN12?
thank you .

I am not sure whether this counter exist for RAN 12... f you find it just let me know..my nxt agenda is to find this counter and relate this custom made formula for HSDPA throughput/user to real feild data...lemme find ho accurate m coming..

I