PDA

View Full Version : Question HOw to decrease SDCCH Drops

mail2paturi
2011-06-07, 04:09 PM
Hi guys,

Can any one give me the guidance how to reduce the SDCCH Drops in the network.

FYI 2 SDCCH timeslots are enabled for all the cells by default and based on the traffic it differs............

RF engineer
2011-06-07, 04:30 PM
Hi guys,

Can any one give me the guidance how to reduce the SDCCH Drops in the network.

FYI 2 SDCCH timeslots are enabled for all the cells by default and based on the traffic it differs............

1- Clean the Frequencies BCCH and TCH .
2- Put Your SDCCH TS on BCCH Frequency because BCCH is more clean and there is no power control .
3- Limit the overshooting .

salmeterol
2011-06-07, 04:41 PM
hello,

first check abnormal sd traffic...

1. Check handover traffics; if there are excessive HO numbers then load SD Channels. Yu can retune handover parameters and enhance minimum interval of pbgt handovers. This may hold traffic on uncongested cells.

2. Check CSSR; if less than KPI, may mean that some subscribers cannot move to dedicated mode due to inadequate SD Channels.

3. Cell maybe overshooting and gets more traffic. You can downtilt or reduce power to decrease traffic for this cell. This also reduce sd traffic. You can reduce cell layer too....

4 if there is no tch congestion also no half rate, then you can convert one tch timeslot to sd time slot...

these may cause load sd channels and drop..

:-)

plannerguy
2011-06-08, 07:35 PM
Hi

check over the

1) Rxlevelmin.

same is to prevent the MS form acessing the network in low level condition and getting into out of coverage area

2) Modify with T200 timers

More flexiblity in Tx and Rx of the channel

Regards
Plannerguy

kevin_h811
2011-06-22, 03:00 PM
Hi,

Have you checked or collect stats of TCH Measurements (in HUAWEI) shows counters in Mean Number of SDCCHs in interference band 1-5.
Call Drops Causes which you can create from Task List.

Regards//

mail2paturi
2011-06-22, 03:25 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions................

Finally done with some physical optimization in sites which reduced the SDCCH drops and still experimenting things based on ur inputs........

Thanks for each and every one for guiding me ...........:handshake