PDA

View Full Version : Job for RF Planning/Optimization

Thirupathi
2011-06-06, 02:59 PM
Dear all,

I am working in India as a FM Engineer through outsource for EIL(E******* India Limited ) the major role is Operation and Maintenace, now i need to change my career to RF planning and Optimization, pls suggest me how can i get the entry level in this filed..

Advance thanks for your suggestions..

muza
2011-06-06, 10:49 PM
Dear all,

I am working in India as a FM Engineer through outsource for EIL(E******* India Limited ) the major role is Operation and Maintenace, now i need to change my career to RF planning and Optimization, pls suggest me how can i get the entry level in this filed..

I think u have to starting RF planning first and then RF optimization. in RF optim u can join as DT Engineer.

Thirupathi
2011-06-07, 01:18 PM
Dear Sir,

How to get the entry level in RF Planning?

muza
2011-06-07, 03:08 PM
Dear Sir,

i think entry level in RF palnning, u can join as Field operation Engineer (ex: technical site survey(LOS, antenna), installation and comissioning of BTS, Transmission Engineer).

telecom.santosh
2011-06-07, 03:37 PM
you can take Training, which is provide by some of vendor company..then they will keep you on there projects.

Thirupathi
2011-06-08, 01:17 PM
Dear sir,

Can you provide some of the vendor company name ?..

telecom.santosh
2011-06-08, 03:30 PM
In india Some company Are IWS, TNS , Mobile comm and lots more.

rohit.jain482
2011-06-08, 07:21 PM
Dear sir,

Can you provide some of the vendor company name ?..

Vendors are companies which manufacture equipment. Nokia-Siemens (NSN), E*******, Huawei, ZTE, ********, ALcatel Lucent are vendors. I heard ZTE provides training.

rohit.jain482
2011-06-08, 07:22 PM
In india Some company Are IWS, TNS , Mobile comm and lots more.

IWS is not a vendor it is a sub-contractor.

phantom78
2011-06-14, 03:51 PM
Dear Sir,

most normal paths imho:

get an electronics degree from a sound university
start as a junior engineer and learn the ropes including drive test, site surveys, site audits and all the dirty works
upgrade to junior planning and/or optimization
build competencies in RNP/RNO, span out to multi vendors and multi technologies

and the rest is history =)

9waves.9waves
2011-06-20, 08:46 PM
You can take paid training from Sub vendor and than they offer job as a RF Engineer.

rohit.jain482
2011-07-01, 04:40 AM
Dear all,

It is based on various factors like your current profile, and the amount of work you put in. I am not sure what FM means, but assuming you are doing drive test and related activities, you can analyze the drive test files and suggest solutions for network improvement. Gradually you can involve in parameter changes and other activities in the same place of your work. Based on this experience you can apply in other compaies. I know of a person who was in subcon but had worked very hard and was recommended by the members of vendor team. Now this guy is working for the vendor company. Hope this info helps.